LEB read along feature is NOT improved

Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 3 2013 8:02 PM

I have been reading they improved the read along feature for the LEB Bible.

um...guys....not on mine.  I updated and its still that female computer voice that is nearly unintelligible.

I have Silver version of 5.1.

(sigh)

Posts 27780
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 8:10 PM
  1. Several users have experienced difficulties… I am not sure if there is a problem with the license or not… The license will need to be added to your account.
  2. Once you have the license, it will need to download and index.
  3. You must switch the narrator voice to "marv allen" (see screen shot).
  4. The audio book is NT only.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9098
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 8:19 PM

Here's a PC screenshot showing the same options:

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 8:35 PM

Thanks...but Marv Allen is nowhere in sight.  I will wait and see.  I see other updates maybe this is incremental and coming.

Blessings everyone.

Posts 9098
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 8:51 PM

Joshua, my audio LEB file is:

It should be here in a PC: C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\{random string}\ResourceManager\Resources

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 525
Kent | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 9:08 PM

Mine finally appeared when earlier today it automatic updated to 5.1. Works well, not sure I will ever use it though.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 9:12 PM

Joshua Lieder:
...but Marv Allen is nowhere in sight.

Wonder if triangle appears ?

After clicking triangle, then Marv Allen.  Personally experienced a noticeable wait after starting Read Aloud with Marv Allen.  Once Read Aloud started, was Thankful for control options, including speed choices of 0.75x, 1x, 1.4x, and 2x.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 16
Pastor Bob Higle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 5:59 AM

I received the 5.1 update two days ago. Unfortunately, the audio component for the LEB did not come along with the update. My license is Portfolio Upgrade. I am on a new / fresh Toshiba Laptop with Windows 8 plenty of ram and hard disk etc.

A couple of other not so nice items that crash the system ..

CTR-R no longer reads aloud anything even though the control elements appear in the main window's "bar"

If I bring up the LEB in a "floating window" then press "CTR-R" the "control elements" do not appear in the "floating windows" but rather appears in the "main window" and LOCKS LOGOS rendering LOGOS unresponsive requiring me to "kill tasks" from windows task manager.

looking forward to a real solution!

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 6:25 AM

To be clear about this feature, it only downloads and installs after 5.1 is installed and working, so you won't be able to access it the first time you boot into 5.1, you'll need to install the further updates first.

If you're using 5.1, and are nor prompted to download/install further updates, type update resources in the command box, and you should be able to download the audio. You'll need to restart Logos after the download completes.

Posts 27780
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 8:52 AM

Rev. Bob Higle:

looking forward to a real solution!

The read aloud "enhancements" were not to fix any perceived problem, but rather to add audio books. If you are having difficulties, please create a new thread detailing the problem. 

Posts 16
Pastor Bob Higle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 6:37 PM

To Mark,

Thank you, I have rebooted several times - no luck. Even tried update now - still no luck. The LEB audio file described above never was downloaded.

Bob

Posts 16
Pastor Bob Higle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 6:39 PM

To Alabama24,

The read aloud enhancements for 5.1 rendered the read aloud inoperable as the original feature worked correctly prior to 5.1 enhancement.

Bob

Posts 27780
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 7:01 PM

Rev. Bob Higle:
The read aloud enhancements for 5.1 rendered the read aloud inoperable as the original feature worked correctly prior to 5.1 enhancement.

If that is true for you, please create a new thread in the Logos 5 forum. Make sure to provide details (i.e. what is broken, what steps you have taken, what OS you are running, etc.).

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 4 2013 8:38 PM

Rev. Bob Higle:
If I bring up the LEB in a "floating window" then press "CTR-R" the "control elements" do not appear in the "floating windows" but rather appears in the "main window"

Using Logos 5.1 on Windows 7, can replicate Read Aloud player placement:

Caveat: initial use of Read Aloud took awhile for player control to appear and begin audio.

Rev. Bob Higle:
... and LOCKS LOGOS rendering LOGOS unresponsive requiring me to "kill tasks" from windows task manager.

Apologies: unable to replicate on a laptop with 2.30 GHz i7-3610QM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, 8 GB Ram (with 512 MB Ram Disk for temp files), and SATA III Solid State Disk (SSD) for Logos 5.  Curious about new Toshiba laptop hardware specifications ?

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 16
Pastor Bob Higle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 5:55 AM

Here's the stats on the notebook:

Here's the screen shot of the LEB info panel

Here's the control widget once the read aloud option is enabled:

Posts 27780
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 6:56 AM

Bob - I know I am sounding like a broken record (which is ironic, since you can't hear the "record" Stick out tongue), but it would be helpful for you to start a new thread in the L5 forum. There are a few reasons:

1. You are introducing a new topic, which has inadvertently hijacked another users thread. 
  2. You are wanting/needing specific help with your situation. It's easier to help when it's one users problem at a time. 
  3. You are posting in the wrong forum to get Logos devs attention about an L5 issue. The "general" forum is about "general" issues, whereas you are needing help with the L5 software. 

Please create a new thread, specifically about the problems with read aloud. You probably shouldn't worry about the LEB audiobook... I think there are enough users who are having difficulties with that... I think it is likely a problem on Logos end with licenses. Since KS4J isn't having the same problem as you on win 7, I wonder if it is a win 8 issue. You may also need to upload logs. 

Feel free to reuse the screen shots... You might want to omit or edit your "about" screenshot to delete your email address. (You can also edit your last post to delete or swap out screenshots). 

Posts 16
Pastor Bob Higle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 7:16 AM

Dear Alabama24,

I appreciate your inputs but do believe my posts are pertinent and germaine to this section as it is titled "LEB read along feature is NOT improved".

My rationale is thus - prior to 5.1 release the overall "read aloud" feature worked fine. I used it often. Once the 5.1 update occurred (which was also supposed to download the LEB audio component) the read aloud feature stopped working altogether.

Digging around in other parts of the forum, I did locate the filename of the LEB audio book and inspected my own system to find it was not present. Another forum mentioned the "update resource" command indicating it would do a full match of licensed content to what was installed then create a list of missing resources to pass along to the LOGOS5 update utility. I set that up last night and came down this morning to find it had in fact wanted to download 1.2 meg worth of resources (but did not tell me what and I do not have logs turned on). After the update, I looked again but still no audio book. So, I am unclear what it discovered it was missing.

I have no desire to start with a clean install all over again! (I started with Libronix during version 2, migrated to version 3, then 4, and now 5). The problem I am detailing occurred AFTER 5.1 release was installed on my system and "home page" indicated there was a brand new resource installed with it to allow me to choose a new audio voice through the LEB audio book. Not only was the book not installed, but it has now rendered by entire LOGOS 5 system unable to read any books. So, in my book this is an example where the LEB read along feature is NOT improved.

Bob

Posts 159
Dennis Audet | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 9:06 AM

I found the AUDLEB.logos4 in the following path -

C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Local\Logos5\Data\{random string}\ResourceManager\Downloaded\LLS_AUBLEB

When I copied AUDLEB.logos4 to the

C:\Users\{User Name}\AppData\Local\Logos5\Data\{random string}\ResourceManager\Resources

and restarted Logos 5, it made no difference.

Something needs to happen programmatically for LEB to recognize the feature.

I don't know how to make that happen.

I was a previous licensed owner of LEB.

Can anyone help?

Living in the Fruit of the Spirit! Big Smile

For the glory of God alone! Yes

Posts 10244
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 9:46 AM

I've the same issue as Rev Bob. So I assume I'm assigned to the hijacker team. Though my normal read-along works. I'm guessing it's a license issue. The blog said you had to buy 'a package'. I don't think I've bought a package in years. Plus it disappeared (my package).

Posts 27780
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 5 2013 9:59 AM

Denise:
I've the same issue as Rev Bob. So I assume I'm assigned to the hijacker team. Though my normal read-along works.

Nope. The OP was about the issue you are experiencing, hence you are keeping on topic. Wink

Denise:
I'm guessing it's a license issue.

I think so. We haven't had a response from Logos, but I'm sure the 4th plays in to that as well.

Page 1 of 3 (43 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS