Retrospectively attaching resources to notes / College note taking in LOGOS

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 4
Shane Wright | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 9 2013 4:42 AM

Hi guys, 

I Just started at Theological College today and at the end of my class have large note file on the lecture topic. What I would now like to do is retrospectively attach sections of this note to actual resources. So like hypo-linking to URL but back the other way, from the resource to the note. 

Heres why. One of the sad realities of note taking at seminary/ Theological College is that you take copious amouts of notes that at the end of the semester get boxed and lost. My hope is by taking the time to note take in LOGOS and hyper-link and attach resources my notes become a life long part of my bible study. Years down the track I'm preparing to preach from Acts 2 and look there I have markers back to my College notes. 

Can this be done? 

Also has anyone had experiences with using LOGOS to note take at seminary/ Theological College? How did you do it?

For Jesus' renown, 
Shane Wright.

Posts 24568
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 9 2013 4:38 PM

Shane Wright:
So like hypo-linking to URL but back the other way, from the resource to the note. 

I'm not a Note taker, but as no one else has contributed...

What if you create a Note by reference from the resource to the Note file and move your annotation to its Content section in the Note file? You then click on the Note indicator (your choice of symbol) in the resource to open the Note.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 750
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 10 2013 11:06 PM

Hi Shane,

So you expect to have a note file into which you have one or more notes typed during the lecture.  At a later time you wish to put a reference to the note text  in a resource.  Thus, when you later read the resource, you can quickly locate the note. I suspect that you may wish to reference a single note from multiple resources and/or reference a single note from multiple places within a single resource. 

Is this correct? 

I think part of the problem is that I don't think there is a way to reference a particular word, sentence, paragraph within an individual note.

We have a user group in Phoenix and we can discuss this at the next meeting which should be in a week.  We have been comparing notes with clippings and figuring best practices for note taking when studying resources.  Your use case is different from what we had been considering.

If you search through the Logos 5 and General forums for the last month you will find that there have been several interesting discussions on best practices for sharing notes, highlighting, and organizing notes.  I was surprised that the old timers seem to agree on a note file per resource as the default case.  I think this should be combined with collecting those notes files in a single favorites folder so that you don't accidentally create multiple notes files for a single resource.

If we find anything which seems to apply to your use case, then we will post in this thread so make sure you are following it for later.

Regards

Posts 750
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 10 2013 11:12 PM

Dave Hooton:

I'm not a Note taker, but as no one else has contributed...

What if you create a Note by reference from the resource to the Note file and move your annotation to its Content section in the Note file? You then click on the Note indicator (your choice of symbol) in the resource to open the Note.

Dave,

Your technique would certainly work in the case that a single link from a single resource to a single note was sufficient. 

As I  stated in my prior post I suspect that Shane will find that a single note needs to be referenced from multiple resources or possibly from multiple places in one resource.  He may not want to chop up his original note into multiple notes in order to accommodate multiple references.

Posts 24568
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 12:20 AM

David A Egolf:

Dave,

Your technique would certainly work in the case that a single link from a single resource to a single note was sufficient. 

David, thanks for your contribution and offer of assistance. I'm sure that Shane will benefit greatly from this.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS