BUG: Personal guide template not retaining latest "snapshot"

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 11
Alan Kinder | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 10 2013 9:25 AM

I have a guide template that I use for study purposes.  When I begin a new study, I insert my passage, and then use the Layout button to tell it to update to the latest snapshot, that way when I open the guide template later in the day, or the next day, it already has my study passage in it.  Lately, since downloading and installing 5.1, my guide template does not update to the current snapshot.  It keeps reverting to an older snapshot.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 10 2013 10:03 AM

Welcome to the forums.

If I understand you correctly, this seems to work as it should for me on Mac. Are you on Windows?

Also: do you by any chance have more than one Layout snapshot with the same name? I seem to remember that causing troubles during the beta cycle.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 11
Alan Kinder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 10 2013 4:41 PM

I am on a Windows platform.  It happens on both my desktop at work and my laptop at home.

I only have one template right now.

Posts 27417
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 10 2013 5:41 PM

Delete any duplicates of your layout on the right hand side and check your Startup option in Tools > Program Settings --> "Most recent - Any" should retrieve the latest layout after exiting Logos even if you don't update the actual named layout, assuming you want to share the layout between your computers. If you just want a fixed layout that doesn't update between computers then load the specific layout in Settings.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 11
Alan Kinder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 7:53 AM

Don't have any duplicates...this is my only guide template I have saved.

I am in the habit of closing everything prior to exiting...which is why I want the guide template to save as a fresh layout whenever I update the Scripture I am starting from.

I generally starrt with a fresh Scripture each week, as I am preaching from a new location.  It doesn't want to retain the snapshot whenever I try to force it to do so...

Posts 27417
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2013 7:04 AM

Alan Kinder:
I am in the habit of closing everything prior to exiting

Close all Tabs then exit?  If you save your layout prior to this what is your Startup Setting? Do you load the specific layout?

Is your guide a custom one? 

I have no problem loading with a new passage if I save the layout, Close ALL, exit, restart Logos and then load the layout.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS