5.1 Crashes when opening LEB Audio

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 122
James H. Schafer | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 10 2013 4:40 PM

I have searched the Forums with no success for my issue. 5.1 starts to load the LEB Audio but then has an error and has to close the program.

A 2nd issue is that I cannot get the videos (any of them) to run in Logos. I am sent to a page where I am told to download and install a new copy of directx. I have done all of this, nothing.

BTW, I am running under Windows 8, for what that may be worth.

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 10 2013 10:26 PM

There isn't an error logged in the file that you posted, which indicates that it may be a "native" crash; this will require additional diagnostics. If you feel comfortable following the instructions at http://wiki.logos.com/ProcDump, you can collect a dump and email it to logos4feedback@logos.com (referencing this thread). Otherwise, please call our Tech Support line, and they can help you with this procedure.

Once we have the crash dump file, we will be able to analyse it to determine what it causing this problem.

Posts 122
James H. Schafer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 1:49 PM

Well, go figure!! After a morning of frustration, talking with Josey in Tech Support and her recommendation to call Microsoft and then call Tech again, it looks like things have decided to work.

1. Went to MS knowledge base and read about an Administrator account in Windows 8. Required that I remove other accounts, didn't know I had any, but established myself as Admin for sure.

2. Then I ran the update again this time Logos opened and checked and I am now on Logos Bible Software 5.1 SR-1 (5.1.0.0950). I think that is up to date.

3. Tried to open LEB Audio and it crashed again. Now frustration is really building.

4. Went to the wiki file and after a long time finally got the Dump File to work. Somehow back when I updated to Logos5 the Logos4 folder was not changed Logos5. Kept trying to find the right folder and after a long search found it and then it worked.

5. After Logos5 opened I then opened the LEB Audio and it opened just fine and sounded great.

6. Also the Video's are now working.

So, I don't seem to have a Dump File that was created. Sorry to include all this, but thought it might be helpful.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!

Posts 872
Jack Hairston | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 1:50 PM

Hi, Bradley:

I'm having the same problem, and e-mailed the .DMP file as requested.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS