Logos Update taking a long time..

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1127
Lee | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 10 2013 11:25 PM

Is the last update having problems?

Logos did not open yet. It is still at the "Preparing Your Library"

This has been going for the last hour.

I am in Kyrgyzstan and my connection is only 3mg access but these updates normally only take about ten minutes for my location.

I have not stopped the process, so I am hoping to just let the Logos update complete. But I am concerned about the time.

thanks for any help Lee

L4 BS, L5 RB, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum, L9 Baptist Platinum.
2021 MacBook Pro M1 Pro 14" 16GB 512GB SSD, running MacOS Monterey   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 8.

Posts 61
Jason | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 10 2013 11:58 PM

Hi Lee

I noticed that my update took a considerable amount of time - up to 2 hours to get through the preparing and indexing stages.  How long has it been 'preparing your library'?

How to ask for help for Logos issues.

Posts 1127
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 12:14 AM

It had been going for about 90 minutes. I checked and my system was mostly just idle. so I closed down everything and just rebooted the notebook. I know that is not the best thing to do when it is updating. But in any case after the reboot Logos started without any problem.

Maybe I was lucky, or it finished what ever the update was.

I have auto update set.

Logos Bible Software 5.1 SR-1 (5.1.0.0950) Copyright 2000–2012

Logos Bible Software Licensed to: ******** (Bronze v.5 (IH))

Is this the last release 5.1 SR-1 (5.1.0.0950) ?

Logos should download the update again if it did not complete, or at least that was my though.

Lee

L4 BS, L5 RB, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum, L9 Baptist Platinum.
2021 MacBook Pro M1 Pro 14" 16GB 512GB SSD, running MacOS Monterey   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 8.

Posts 27905
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 2:18 AM

Lee Garrison:

Logos should download the update again if it did not complete, or at least that was my though.

Good thought as Logos can complete what it did not finish.

The Preparing stage usually means the download has finished and the resources stored locally, so Logos will index them if necessary when you restart. It may also be Preparing without a resource download depending on circumstances e.g. after a software or metadata update. Genuine Preparing can take a while for some reason, but lately the Indexer has just done nothing & quitting has resolved the deadlock.

If you have downloaded resources they will be listed as "Today" in the "last updated" column in Library.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 1127
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 4:29 AM

Hello Dave

Thanks, Logos is working fine and nothing has downloaded after the reboot.

Lee

Posts 30531
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 4:40 AM

Lee Garrison:
Is this the last release 5.1 SR-1 (5.1.0.0950) ?

Yes.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 387
James Chandler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 4:52 AM

I noticed it running slow last night as well.  The download should have only taken a few seconds in my area, but instead took several minutes.  My guess would be that the servers were a bit overloaded since there was a problem with the last update and many of us wanted it fixed.Smile Particularly me.

In Him

Jim

Running on ASUS Windows 10 I7 24 gig of ram, 1 Terabyte drive.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Posts 387
James Chandler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 4:52 AM

I noticed it running slow last night as well.  The download should have only taken a few seconds in my area, but instead took several minutes.  My guess would be that the servers were a bit overloaded since there was a problem with the last update and many of us wanted it fixed.Smile Particularly me.

In Him

Jim

Running on ASUS Windows 10 I7 24 gig of ram, 1 Terabyte drive.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS