Very odd Favorites behavior (movie)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1574
Ben | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 11 2013 2:04 PM

I've mentioned this before, but it didn't seem to get any traction. Now that I've got the right software, I did a video capture of the relevant menu behavior, slowed it down 10x, and blew it up 2x. 

Basically, when you click on a list in the Favorites, it populates very quickly in one order (reverse alphabetical?) then changes very quickly to a different order (alphabetical?). This is reversed when you click to close the list. The movement is somewhat distracting, and I don't know if it’s a feature or a bug.

It's more pronounced with my second list in the video, because it's longer. Check it out, 6Mb from my Cloud account.

http://cl.ly/2Y1C3G3P0j1X

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 2:39 PM

Ben:
The movement is somewhat distracting, and I don't know if it’s a feature or a bug.

Don't have the problem on my Windows version.  Probably not a feature.  In my favorites, each folder's contents are in the order I put them in.  Not alphabetical or any other automatic order, and they don't move on their own accord.

Could be a Mac-specific bug.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1574
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 12 2013 9:50 AM

Bump.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS