HELP - Proclaim stop loading after crash

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 8
Patrick Wiese | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 20 2013 4:34 PM

Proclaim stop loading after proclaim Freeze

Unistalled and reinstalled same problem

Also link on webpage to download does not work had to copy link from source code to download again

Running windows 8 with SSD drive and programs on WD Black drive I5

Posts 178
Travis Perna | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2013 9:33 AM

Hi Patrick, 

Please follow the instructions on this post to find your log files and post them on this thread. 

Thanks

Travis

Posts 8
Patrick Wiese | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2013 4:00 PM

Thanks I deleted the log files folder and the registery and was able to get it to reload.  Updated files remotely through the proclaim program and had no problems ,but right before service when I was running the preservice loop it locked up the computer.  Had to force a reboot.  Then I quickly used our backup program Open song.  Also last time it crashed it also was in the preservice loop. FYI I logged in with MYPC that I loaded after the first crash and I noticed interminite loss of connection..Could this cause the crash if the loop had a web page (our website)  I will get the log of the new reload soon as I can.   By the way this is windows 8 with ALL updates with 8 megs of ram I5 Ivy with the faster video built in a Gigabyte board. 

I live out of town and after service someone shut down the computer, reason for the delay in getting you the new log file. 

Thanks for your help 

Posts 8
Posts 8
Posts 8
Patrick Wiese | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 10:31 AM

Any Luck yet

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 4:43 PM

I don't see anything that would indicate a freeze or crash in the posted log files. Are you still able to reproduce the issue? 

Posts 8
Patrick Wiese | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 23 2013 6:54 PM

The was a error when I opened back up today for the first time after lockup up in the new chat window.  also did you read above info?  Thank you

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2013 8:49 AM

Patrick Wiese:
The was a error when I opened back up today for the first time after lockup up in the new chat window.

Were you connected to the internet at the time? The Faithlife panel (chat window) is essentially an embedded webpage and requires connection to the internet to function. Did you get any freezing?

Patrick Wiese:
also did you read above info? 

Yes, I read your posts above but was unable to deduce the reason for the freeze from the posted logs. Was looking to see if you could still reproduce to help further troubleshoot.

Posts 8
Patrick Wiese | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2013 12:11 PM

Also last time it crashed it also was in the preservice loop. FYI I logged in with MYPC that I loaded after the first crash and I noticed interminite loss of connection..Could this cause the crash if the loop had a web page (our website).  THE WEB IS SUPPOSED TO BE ALWAYS ON.  BUT AS i STATED I NOTICED INTERMINTINT FAILURES TO  MYPC.  IF WE HAD CONNECTION FAILURES AS STATED BEFORE, COULD THAT CAUSE  PROCLAIM TO FREEZE

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 24 2013 1:28 PM

The program should not crash due to lack of network connectivity, even with web page service items.

There are known issues with using Proclaim (WPF application) while using LogMeIn, a remote access software package. Basically the virtual video driver used by the LogMeIn client causes a memory leak and the application eventually runs out of memory and hangs or crashes. It sounds like you could be encountering a similar issue when using MYPC. 

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 26 2013 8:41 AM

We have discovered an issue in our error reporting that is related to your group. I will be following up with you offline.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS