A8-Neat navigation feature for long names

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 16 2009 7:02 PM

Noticed that when a book has a really long name on the location bar, L4 does a really nice scrolling thing to help see the whole title.  Very nice

http://www.screencast.com/users/jrmiller777/folders/Jing/media/32083d07-1c0b-476f-b707-1f8d5aea9c76

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 7:20 PM

That is cool!

The Windows version does not do that.

I think you found the first Mac only feature.

Congrats!

Posts 23
Christian Sofussen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 8:19 PM

seems like they got some inspiration from Finder. It's a nice feature.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 9:08 PM

I did not recall using it in the windows testing, but assumed it had been added in.. either way, it is cool and I am glad we Mac folks get something first Cool  I knew the Logos dev. team would take care of us :-)

Posts 1957
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 11:38 PM

Joe Miller:
Noticed that when a book has a really long name on the location bar, L4 does a really nice scrolling thing to help see the whole title.  Very nice

I noticed that and then when I was working on L4 Beta 5, I was surprised to find it wasn't there. Wow, the Mac version got it first. I think we were the first to get incremental indexing too if I recall correctly.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 11:49 PM

Donovan R. Palmer:
I think we were the first to get incremental indexing too if I recall correctly.
Yes

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Cameron Watters (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 11:13 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:
I noticed that and then when I was working on L4 Beta 5, I was surprised to find it wasn't there. Wow, the Mac version got it first. I think we were the first to get incremental indexing too if I recall correctly.

Thanks for all the kind words, but that's actually a built-in Apple UI control that Windows doesn't have. As such, I doubt the Windows version will get it anytime soon.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 1957
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 11:33 AM

Cameron Watters:
Thanks for all the kind words, but that's actually a built-in Apple UI control that Windows doesn't have. As such, I doubt the Windows version will get it anytime soon.

Dude - you should have milked it for all that you could!!!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS