Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1076
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 30 2013 9:14 AM

Hello all can someone tell me the amount of space the Logos installation is taking up. Is 16GB tablet all you need or do you need to have 32GB??

I am thinking of getting a Galaxy Note 8.0 with 16gb.

Thank Lee

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 30 2013 10:02 AM

Hi Lee,

That depends on the amount of books you want to download. The basic app is very light on space requirements. I have downloaded entire sets of commentaries (NICOT/NICNT) to my iPad and that did not take too much space (less than 500 MB if i remember correctly) and I do not see why the Nexus 7 would be different. 

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 30 2013 10:05 AM

A screenshot of the new hi-res screen.... smaller text sizes are more clear now so you can see more on the screen!

Posts 701
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 6:43 AM

Lee Garrison:

Hello all can someone tell me the amount of space the Logos installation is taking up. Is 16GB tablet all you need or do you need to have 32GB??

I am thinking of getting a Galaxy Note 8.0 with 16gb.

Thank Lee

Hey Lee,

I have over 1500 books on my 32gb Nexus and it takes up around 8-9GB. With plenty of space to spare. So it depends on what you want the Nexus for. 16gb should be sufficient but 32gb gives you great space to put other things on as well. My Verdict: Depends how you want to use it. Hope that helps.

Cheers,

ChelseaFC

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 1076
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 2 2013 11:14 AM

Hello and thanks Geo

From what I see the 16gb should be more than what I will need for use then.

thanks again.

Lee

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 64
Eric Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 6 2013 9:02 AM

The performance is fabulous with Logos.  At last I can finally download my whole library because of the 32Gb storage and still have some left over for other things.  I haven't seen any problems with Android 4.3 on this device yet.

Posts 64
Eric Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 6 2013 9:11 AM

I have Portfolio and I can barely fit it into 16Gb(without the Perseus collection), but it doesn't really allow you to use the device for anything else because it will frequently run out of storage.  A more modest library should fit on a 16Gb device without problems.  Another approach I have used is to download the resources whenever I use them.  After awhile you have the set that is important for your studies and leave off the ones that are less relevant.  The tendency is to download whole commentaries, but I found in practice there are some books that I don't study very often and thus don't really need all the commentary volumes downloaded.

Posts 5
Joseph Holder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 9 2013 1:44 PM

I have a Nexus 7.  I also had Logos and Vyrso installed on it.  This week it updated to Android 4.3.  At first glance and a cursory use, it appears that my Logos titles are working fine.  I noticed significat increase in reaction speed and a sense of smoothness after the upgrade.

Joe

Posts 2718
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2013 12:52 PM

Lee Garrison:

Hello and thanks Geo

From what I see the 16gb should be more than what I will need for use then.

thanks again.

Lee

If you can afford the extra $40 get it. I wish I had. I don't download all of my books, but you will find that you use it for far more than Logos after awhile. Compared to other tablets where doubling the storage adds $100 usually the 16GB v. 32GB price increase is a real steal.

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 10 2013 1:06 PM

If you can get it today, Office Max has a coupon for 20% off your purchase, including tablets. I was actually able to get Office Depot to price match their coupon and ended up paying ~$235 with tax for my 32gb Nexus 7.

That coupon expires today though.

Click here for coupon

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 2
Michal Lopianowski | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 4 2018 12:47 PM

Randy, 

Just came across your LOGOs 8 canvas on 2 Pet 1:5-11. Curious how you got that clip art of Jesus in there, because I have been trying to figure out how to do that. Couldn't figure out any other way to try to get in touch with you, because I don't have a Facebook account.

You can reach me through my email, at getlopi@hotmail.com

Thanks

Michal

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS