Devotionals: God Calling, edited by A.J. Russell; Come Away My Beloved, by Frances Roberts

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 16 2009 9:13 PM

Originally written in the 1930s by two anonymous women under the pseudonym Two Listeners, with the editorial assistance of A.J. Russell, this little devotional classic is a gem.

From Amazon.com's description of it: "God Calling presents the wisdom of Christianity through the ears and then the voices of Two Listeners. For each day, every day, for all days, here are the time-tested words of counsel, comfort, encouragement, and wisdom that have inspired over a million readers throughout the years. The words of that Great Friend are given daily presence in God Calling, made easily available for all, to ease and simplify the chaos and pain of our tension-filled world." 

It's available online as well: http://www.twolisteners.org/God%20Calling%20TOC.htm

The accompanying God at Eventide (also on that site) by the same authors looks like it would be a good companion piece.

I was first introduced to God Calling by a friend of mine who is a spiritual director. It kind of has the feel of Frances Roberts' Come Away My Beloved, which would be another good classic devotional to add.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS