Change Default Devotional Book

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4
Gordon Gradwell | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 17 2009 1:07 AM

Hi All,

Within L3 one could choose and change the default books that opened when starting or using L3.

How does one go about changing the default devotional book to the users choice when L4 opens and displays the home page. I enjoy Big Smile reading the devotionals when starting L4, but would like to choose which devotional opens and is displayed, and to make it the default one.

I have had a look in the setting and so forth, but for the life of me can't find this one.

Thx in advance.

Posts 19273
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 1:24 AM

GordonGradwell:

Within L3 one could choose and change the default books that opened when starting or using L3.

How does one go about changing the default devotional book to the users choice when L4 opens and displays the home page.

You go about this by prioritizing your favorite devotional in your Library. See Mark Barnes's excellent videos on prioritizing resources.

Posts 4
Gordon Gradwell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 2:05 AM

Thanks Rosie,

That did it for me, but only after I deselected the devotional for the customize option at the bottom left hand corner and then reselected it.

Posts 19273
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 2:42 AM

GordonGradwell:

That did it for me, but only after I deselected the devotional for the customize option at the bottom left hand corner and then reselected it.

Oh, right. Sorry. I meant to say you'd have to force a refresh of the Home Page. You found another way to do it, but F5 will refresh the home page and any computed window in Logos (passage guides, exegetical guides, and the like).

Posts 115
Geertruida Selter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 8:17 AM

I did all this and yes, the devotionals I want on the home page are there, but somehow the default ones which were on the homepage when I installed L4 are still there.  i.s morning and evening and my utmost . How can I remove those from the home page. I've deselected devotionals, prioritised the ones I am using this year closed L4 and restarted and selected devoltionals, but the ones I don't want are still there. How can I remove the unwanted ones?

Posts 19273
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 25 2010 12:47 PM

GeertruidaSelter:

I did all this and yes, the devotionals I want on the home page are there, but somehow the default ones which were on the homepage when I installed L4 are still there.  i.s morning and evening and my utmost . How can I remove those from the home page. I've deselected devotionals, prioritised the ones I am using this year closed L4 and restarted and selected devoltionals, but the ones I don't want are still there. How can I remove the unwanted ones?

I know it's possible, because they aren't on my home page anymore, but alas I can't remember how I accomplished this. Sad It might be just that they expire after a few days of showing up, the way the "Welcome to Logos" message did.

Posts 204
David Salazar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 27 2012 9:52 AM

Unrelated somewhat... but does anyone know how to take off book of the day in the homepage? I don't see any option for it in the customize menu.

Also, I'm getting the devotionals I want, but also the two LOGOS default ones still appear... while wait some days to see if they dissappear

Posts 1660
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 28 2012 11:56 AM

David Salazar:
how to take off book of the day in the homepage?

I am pretty sure that this is "hard-wired" in to the software?

I do not remember any way to remove this feature.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 115
Geertruida Selter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:23 AM

David, I had the same problem, and there are 2 ways to resolve it. 1) move the 2 default devotionals to hide resources 2) If you place 5 devotionals of your choice on the home page, the 2 defaults disappear as the home page obviously only supports 5 devotionals.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS