It's here - Fathers of the Church

Page 5 of 5 (95 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 94 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 571
Martin Grainger Dean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 12:47 PM
Ha, ha! Was just a guess! [
Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 1:01 PM

Really ... you should run out and buy a lottery ticket right now... 

Posts 32592
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 1:28 PM

Do the sermons appear in the sermon section?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 1:37 PM

MJ. Smith:

I have checked a few so far, surprisingly not. Why not I wonder, brand new collection, not cheap, and all the advertising of the sermons capability? I don't know if Logos functions as a bunch of independent silos so this was not even on the drawing board to consider, or it's a bug, or what. It is disappointing though, I was looking forward to seeing more in that section.

Posts 32592
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 2:09 PM

Don, please report it as a resource tagging bug in a separate thread. It is likely a communication gap. A number of similar problems have been fixed quite quickly once Gabe was aware of them.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 3:51 PM

Will do.

Posts 2129
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 5:03 PM

Don,

can you check to see if you are able to acces the first two volumes in iOS format.  The first is The Apostolic Fathers.  

i have them on the desktop but not the iOS.  Was hoping to read them in a reading plan while traveling this week.  

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 5:36 PM

MJ. Smith:

I'm not sure I understand specifically how to check.  Perhaps you can provide some steps for me to follow.  Here is a screen shot with the table of contents expanded:

Does this help answer the question?

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 6:11 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:

Don,

can you check to see if you are able to acces the first two volumes in iOS format.  The first is The Apostolic Fathers.  

i have them on the desktop but not the iOS.  Was hoping to read them in a reading plan while traveling this week.  

I am not sure which of the resources specifically you mean by the first two? I got them all downloaded at once.  Let me know and I'll check!

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 6:12 PM

Steve:
I'm not sure I understand specifically how to check.  Perhaps you can provide some steps for me to follow.  Here is a screen shot with the table of contents expanded:

You'll see I answered MJ above - what I did, do something like this. I did a search on Matthew 25, found a bunch of results in the resources (I tagged them all together, searched on the tag). So then, I did a Passage Guide on Matt 25. They did not come up. I tried this with multiple verses. Make sense?

Posts 2129
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 6:17 PM

Don Awalt:

Kenneth Neighoff:

Don,

I am not sure which of the resources specifically you mean by the first two? I got them all downloaded at once.  Let me know and I'll check!

don

the very first volume is called the apostolic fathers.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 6:34 PM

Don Awalt:

Make sense?

I put a screen shot on the bug report thread.  I know I should get this, but I'm not seeing how it is supposed to work.  I opened the Passage Guide, did a search on John 6.  I don't see any "sermon" section.  I guess that could mean:

1)  I don't have any resources in my library that are "sermons",

2)  I have resources that are "sermons" but they are not identified as sermons (software doesn't recognize),

3) There is no "sermon" section in the Passage Guide.

Can you post a screen shot of the Passage Guide that shows a Sermon Section?  That would help me understand better.

Posts 32592
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 7:00 PM

Repeating from other thread - Logos has only tagged a few resources for sermons, thus far, but they are coming reasonable quickly,

Posts 489
LogosEmployee
Louis St. Hilaire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 7:01 PM

Don Awalt:

Kenneth Neighoff:

Don,

The developers were ironing out some problems that were preventing a number of the volumes from appearing on mobile platforms. It looks like that didn't get solved by Friday afternoon. I will follow up first thing on Monday.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 21 2014 7:08 PM

OK.  Thanks for taking the time to explain this to me MJ and Don.  I selected Sermons on my layout and experimented with Mt 25 and Jn 6.

No entries in the "sermon" section in this series.

I appreciate your patience.  I feel like I'm a more intelligent user.

Smile 

Page 5 of 5 (95 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS