Logos 6.0: What features do you want?

Page 5 of 7 (122 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
This post has 121 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1509
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 12:54 PM

PROPER CITATIONS!!!!!!

PROPER CITATIONS!!!!!

I want page numbers! I want the "original" published date (not Logos)! I want encyclopedia articles to be cited properly (with their author)! Etc.. Yes

Logos is way too spotty on this. Some resources seem to work fine, others not so much. This is huge for seminary/academic work!

Posts 232
Philip Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 1:24 PM

Agreed. I'm treating my Logos library as a subset of a seminary library.

Posts 509
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 1:25 PM

Josh:

PROPER CITATIONS!!!!!!

PROPER CITATIONS!!!!!

I want page numbers! I want the "original" published date (not Logos)! I want encyclopedia articles to be cited properly (with their author)! Etc.. Yes

Logos is way too spotty on this. Some resources seem to work fine, others not so much. This is huge for seminary/academic work!

I absolutely agree with this Josh.  I am in seminary and use Logos every day, and I want to be as accurate as possible in my citations.

Also useful for seminary/academic work would be Hebrew and Greek vocabulary flashcards. 

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 1:38 PM

Daniel Yoder:
Also useful for seminary/academic work would be Hebrew and Greek vocabulary flashcards. 

This is available in part at least. logos4:Help;ref=word 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 2:13 PM

Daniel Yoder:

Logos 5 can print Word Lists in flashcard format. Front:

Back:

Thread => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/54036/394011.aspx#394011 has steps for importing Libronix 3 word lists into Logos 5 and 4. => http://www.logos.com/training/vocabularylists

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 509
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 2:14 PM

Lynden Williams:

Daniel Yoder:

This is available in part at least. logos4:Help;ref=word 

Thanks Lynden.  I did not know about this feature.  I will have to play around with it. 

Posts 1432
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 2:16 PM

I have one very very simple request, which is nevertheless unlikely to be met. 

I want a simple keyboard shortcut to the command line, like Esc. That's it. I'm a BW power user, and rarely need my mouse, but Logos requires me to either mouse up to the line (which I usually have to do) or else Option-Command-L. That's hardly intuitive. It's no command-alt-delete, but still, it requires both hands and three fingers and is just a bit awkward, since the first two keys are next to each other. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 2:23 PM

Ben:

I have one very very simple request, which is nevertheless unlikely to be met. 

I want a simple keyboard shortcut to the command line, like Esc. That's it. I'm a BW power user, and rarely need my mouse, but Logos requires me to either mouse up to the line (which I usually have to do) or else Option-Command-L. That's hardly intuitive. It's no command-alt-delete, but still, it requires both hands and three fingers and is just a bit awkward, since the first two keys are next to each other. 

RATS !!  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 671
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 4:54 PM

Still would love to see the return of the original Sermon File Addin functionality. The PBB falls short of providing the functionality of the original.

Posts 9215
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 7:02 PM

Josh:

PROPER CITATIONS!!!!!!

PROPER CITATIONS!!!!!

Yes, this has been something that has frustrated me too and my seminary days are long over.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 19 2013 12:41 PM

Practically everything I've been suggesting. :-) Continuing to tightly integrate the Logos Ecoystem would be good too.

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 19 2013 4:56 PM
Nathan Parker:

Practically everything I've been suggesting. :-) Continuing to tightly integrate the Logos Ecoystem would be good too.

Yes, some trees and bushes and flowers would be nice.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 2 2013 9:13 PM

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/76961/539937.aspx#539937 Build it to intereact with Windows Surface Pro. (Touch Friendly)

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 8 2013 11:46 AM

Intelligent notes.

It would be helpful, if Logos would offer some sort of popup when I open book x and offer to open the corresponding note that I have created for that book. This would be an option that I have setup. 

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 8 2013 12:05 PM

Lynden Williams:
 It would be helpful, if Logos would offer some sort of popup when I open book x and offer to open the corresponding note that I have created for that book. This would be an option that I have setup. 
I personally do not like this because of the amount of notes that I have.  My note file is over 1 Gig in size, and this will cause L5 to be slower than what it is already for me.

Not only will size of my notes be an issue, the way I have my notes setup will is likely very different than the way you have yours setup.  I have my notes organized by function - not book.  For an example, I have year A devotional notes, year A worship with kids notes, year A biblical notes, Year B devotional notes, etc...  So which group(s) of notes should it open?  They all can be related to the same book.

One of the options settings, and it will need to be the default setting, will need to be 'don't use this function.'

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 17 2013 6:25 AM

Fix the indexing problem. As a matter of fact, this should be fixed in 5.XXX as a top priority, before anything else.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 17 2013 7:39 AM

I want the "basic search" to work.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 4:24 PM

I can not read through the whole thread right now due to challenged eyesight but I would love to see  comprehensive voice navigation.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 17
Ed Wurth | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 9:38 AM

I would like an option for highlights to apply only to a saved layout.  I would also like to be able to change the highlight color of notes.  The current one is too light.

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 9:44 AM

Ed Wurth:

I would like an option for highlights to apply only to a saved layout.  I would also like to be able to change the highlight color of notes.  The current one is too light.

Ed, you don't have to wait for Logos 6 Smile you can change the colors and style of your highlights as you like. See wiki help here

Bohuslav

Page 5 of 7 (122 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS