Dear Logos: Please stop putting "Logos Bible Software" as the publisher of existing public-domain works

Page 3 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 42 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5324
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2013 3:30 PM

Tom Reynolds:

Here, here! or is it Hear Hear! or H'ear H'ear!

Sic.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 5324
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2013 3:55 PM

As a reply to Bob, I have a suggestion.

In the realm of Biblical Studies publishing, Logos is becoming and in many respects already is a major player. Precisely because they are an electronic publisher, they are also in that cutting edge area of the current dynamic. Therefore, my suggestion is that Logos should take the time and energy to produce a new comprehensive publishing style that incorporates all of the concerns that have been voiced in this thread. Logos could even produce a manual of style such as Chicago, APA, Turabian, etc., which could be more complete than what has been produced to this point. In any citation, I personally want to know when the work was first produced, even if that was 514 BCE, even if that can be no more accurately determined than "circa". What I'm suggesting, in concert with the half dozen or so options Bob outlined, is a comprehensive citation method that might, at times, produce citations as long as this paragraph, although that would be rare. So be it.

This would be a chance for Logos to plant its flag, so to speak. One day, profs might say, "I want you to use Logos style for your bibliographies." Smile

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 9589
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 12 2013 6:46 PM

David Paul:
In the realm of Biblical Studies publishing, Logos is becoming and in many respects already is a major player. Precisely because they are an electronic publisher, they are also in that cutting edge area of the current dynamic. Therefore, my suggestion is that Logos should take the time and energy to produce a new comprehensive publishing style that incorporates all of the concerns that have been voiced in this thread.

Fascinating suggestion. I like this idea.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 3 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS