Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 17 2009 2:07 PM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Please bring back Logos 3.  I study in the original languages and I'd like to purchase additional resources, but Logos 4 isn't cutting it.  PLEASE revert back to supporting Logos 3 so that I can have confidence that my purchases will just work and I'll have support.

I don't want to be a beta tester for Logos 4.  I don't care about chasing and reporting bugs and looking for workarounds. I want to use Logos for studies.  Logos 3 works.

PLEASE continue to support and update Logos 3 so that I can use it as a Bible study tool.  PLEASE announce that you are going to support Logos 3 so that I can continue to rely on it for my studies.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Posts 1178
David Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 2:15 PM

Logos 3 does not need to be "brought back" as it has never been taken away. 

It has just been updated to 3.0g, and the vast majority of resources work with version 3, you do NOT have to give it up. 

Many of us are using both in parallel because there are many usefull new features in Logos 4, BUT this is not an either/ or situation.

Posts 2737
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 2:21 PM

You can use even Logos 4 Base Packages resources in Logos 3. You can download them to your Logos 3. See Logos.com instructions.

Bohuslav

Posts 403
777 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 2:21 PM

David J. Wilson:

Logos 3 does not need to be "brought back" as it has never been taken away. 

It has just been updated to 3.0g, and the vast majority of resources work with version 3, you do NOT have to give it up. 

Many of us are using both in parallel because there are many usefull new features in Logos 4, BUT this is not an either/ or situation.

Yes, but Logos has relegated it to "discontinued" status currently.

http://www.logos.com/logos3

Since it says "discontinued"  I'm taking that as 3.0g is the end of the line - unless Logos announces otherwise.  And changes that Microsoft makes to Internet Explorer in the future could break Logos 3 and then I'd only have Logos 4, which is not any good for original language studies.

Posts 8
Dave Cotner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 2:27 PM

Mike, I am not sure what you want to be able to do with Logos 4. I am using it for original language study and many of the tools seem to be very powerful and beneficial.

Blessings,

Dave

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 2:57 PM

MikeM:
PLEASE continue to support and update Logos 3 so that I can use it as a Bible study tool.  PLEASE announce that you are going to support Logos 3 so that I can continue to rely on it for my studies.
As has been stated Mike, L3 is not going away.  It just will no longer be augmented (developed).  Since you've stated that it works, please continue to use it for as long as you desire. 

Since L4 works side by side without interfering with L3, I suggest you use them both as you are able.  I've been using L4 for months now for work, and it does everything I need it to do.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 3:04 PM

MikeM:

Yes, but Logos has relegated it to "discontinued" status currently.

http://www.logos.com/logos3

Since it says "discontinued"  I'm taking that as 3.0g is the end of the line - unless Logos announces otherwise.  And changes that Microsoft makes to Internet Explorer in the future could break Logos 3 and then I'd only have Logos 4, which is not any good for original language studies.

If Microsoft makes changes to IE and you are still dissatisfied with Logos 4, don't update IE. Thousands of people still have IE 6 (it's currently on version 8) because of corporate legacy programs that use the IE6 engine to render stuff (hmm that sounds familiar....). Besides, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari are all better browsers that are more standards-compliant.

I agree that Logos 4 does not do some original language stuff that 3 could, but I am satisfied it will catch up quickly. I only point out the don't-upgrade-IE advice to point out the options in the face that Logos seems unlikely to support two engine lines at once.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 6:21 PM

MikeM:
I'd only have Logos 4, which is not any good for original language studies.

Mike, what are the areas in which you think that v4 is no good for original language work?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS