Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 10
Mac Durham | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 12 2013 3:25 PM

What causes Proclaim to freeze up, causing you to have to reboot your computer? Have had it do this several times lately. When it freezes the only option I have found is to shutdown and start over. This is really embarrassing when it happens during service.

Posts 407
Ray from Faithlife | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2013 8:41 AM

Hey Mac,

Welcome to the forums. I'm sorry you're having trouble with Proclaim. You're right. random crashes are not okay. I'll have someone from our customer service team reach out to you and help you troubleshoot. 

RD3

Logos Marketing | ray.deck@logos.com

Posts 2
Harlan W Whitfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2013 7:25 AM

I am experiencing this same issue. It seems to only happen when using motion backgrounds for song lyrics.

Posts 24
Tom Berg | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2013 8:17 PM

We started using Proclaim two weeks ago and it froze during each of the services while starting to play a video. It's embarrassing to me as I recommended the church go with this platform (largely due to the fact that it is cloud based). The kicker for us is that during practice before the services I played the videos several times with no issue.

One of the services had a motion background on a content slide prior to the video and the other service had back-to-back videos.

Going forward I am going to unload/reload Proclaim just prior to the start of the service.

Posts 300
John Graves | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2013 8:47 AM

We have the same issues weekly as well.  What we end up having to do is go into processes in task manager and end the proclaim process.  Somehow it get more than one going at a time so that even if you close out proclaim it still thinks its running in the background. 

Posts 3
Vincent Donnachie | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 4:18 PM

I'm also having the same problem. It freezes and then crashes. It's done it about 5x while using the remote on my ipad. I have to use it publicly but I am not sure I want to. We can't have this happen on a Sunday morning.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 26 2013 10:18 AM

Hi there Mac,

I am sorry to hear about your troubles here. Unfortunately I am unable to reproduce your issue in house so if I could get some more details hopefully I can recreate your problem. First off, I would like you to make sure you are running the latest version of Proclaim (which is currently version 1.11.0.0317). Also, what operating system are you using? the operating system version will be very helpful as well (for example, I am using OS X Version 10.8.4).

Once you supply me with this information, I will do my best to recreate your issue and see if we can find the root cause.

Posts 3
Vincent Donnachie | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 26 2013 1:25 PM

I know you are asking Mac this question but for what it's worth, I have the newest version of Proclaim (1.11.0.0317) and my mac is running OS X version 10.8.5. I had really hoped we could use Proclaim this Sunday for the first time (I have a presentation all set) but I can't because it keeps freezing and crashing.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 26 2013 2:13 PM

Thanks Vincent I appreciate the prompt response. I will try and reproduce your issue as soon as possible so I can send a bug report to development. Once I reproduce the issue I will update you.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 26 2013 4:03 PM

Hey there Vince,

So I ran the latest version of Proclaim on OS X version 10.8.5 and went on air with a presentation on my mobile device; I was unable to reproduce your issue in house, so no freezes were encountered. Can you consistently freeze/crash Proclaim? If so are there any additional steps that you can provide for me in order to reproduce the issue? Also, if you do happen to reproduce the issue yourself, please post the crash logs as well; these will be located at the following area on your Mac and will help us narrow down the problem:

• /Users/[username]/(~Library)/Application Support/Proclaim/Logging/ 
  • The Library folder might be hidden. If so, hit CMD+Shift+G and enter "~/library" into the box.
Posts 3
Vincent Donnachie | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 28 2013 7:45 AM

Hi Spencer, I won't have a chance to get that to you until early next week but in a quick try out again this morning, everything seemed to work with no issues! Not sure what's going on. Hopefully it will work tomorrow. Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS