query about base packages

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Paul Turner | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 12 2013 10:38 PM

Hi guys,

Tried emailing Sales about this last week, but still haven't heard back yet, don't know if any of you know the answer: If I bought a Logos 5 base pack, such as Starter, or Bronze, etc, is it possible at a later date to 'upgrade' to a bigger base pack. For example, if I bought Bronze base pack now, could I upgrade to the Gold base pack at a later date? Or are you stuck with the base pack that you first purchase?

Thanks for any help.

Posts 30062
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2013 9:25 AM

Paul Turner:
If I bought a Logos 5 base pack, such as Starter, or Bronze, etc, is it possible at a later date to 'upgrade' to a bigger base pack.

You can ALWAYS upgrade. Wink

Generally, it is best to upgrade to the biggest package to begin with.

Paul Turner:
Tried emailing Sales about this last week, but still haven't heard back yet

Emailing Logos (unless you have been directed to by an employee who is awaiting your email) is ALWAYS the worst way to contact them. Your best bet is to call or post a question in the forums. If the question is something that only a Logos employee can answer, call first. Otherwise, the forums are a great way to get your questions answered, from a community mix of volunteers and employees.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1846
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2013 9:43 AM

If you log into the Logos web site and click on "Buy Logos" you will see that it displays your current base package and shows your upgrade prices. You can also see what resources will be included and new to you as well.

As Alabama stated, it is usually cheaper to buy the biggest package that you can if you plan on upgrading. For example, in the long run it will be cheaper for you to upgrade to the Platinum package (if you plan on doing so) in one upgrade than to upgrade to it in a process of steps such as upgrading to Silver, then upgrading to Gold and then to Platinum. Only your particular finances, needs and situation can determine that path though.

Posts 30062
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2013 10:37 AM

Rick:
Only your particular finances, needs and situation can determine that path though.

Very true. I wanted a higher package, but settled for "gold."

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1846
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2013 12:05 PM

alabama24:
Very true. I wanted a higher package, but settled for "gold."

I'm similar. I tapped out at Silver. I have bought several other resources over time (and payment plans) but really don't see the need for me going any higher. I am not a teacher, preacher or student.

Posts 2
Paul Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 13 2013 5:16 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I'll go and have a browse of the packages again.

Posts 387
James Chandler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 14 2013 5:58 AM

Yes.  I've done it a few times myself.  It was a cost effective way for me to do.

Running on ASUS Windows 10 I7 24 gig of ram, 1 Terabyte drive.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 14 2013 7:02 AM

Rick:
I have bought several other resources over time (and payment plans) but really don't see the need for me going any higher. I am not a teacher, preacher or student.

I agree most of us don't need the biggest packages. I am not a seminary student, classroom teacher or pulpit minister. But I think Portfolio is a wholesome pleasure I can indulge in. I do share things I learn with my wife, children and friends. It is a bit like a trip to the beach or the Grand Canyon, just easier to access.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2040
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 14 2013 7:50 AM

I have a small base-package: some tiny ancient L? (L3?) library which in reality only adds the Swedish Bibles which I'm yet to active - bought quite long ago, L3 Bible Study Library (also yet to be bought and activated, I'm almost sure I will), Original Languages Library, L5 Bronze. I've been trying out Silver and there's not many resources I would need from Silver, all of them inexpensive, except one: The Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church, rev. ed. ... I will wait years to purchase it on a sale and only if my other Logos and printed matter books don't cover those topics adequately. I'm like 98% sure I'll never upgrade to Silver or higher. The forthcoming denominational base-packages may prove interesting, although the chance that they'll make an Anabaptist/Mennonite base-package is not all that big, so I'm unsure if that'll make me buy it.

I think the selection of English Bibles included in base-packages has improved over time. Good inclusions are Bibles such as the Revised Standard Version, Good News Translation. The New American Standard Updated is also an option, it's better than the ESV and NIV.

Hint: if You can't decide now but want to upgrade at some later point in time, look around on the internet and You'll find coupon-codes that'll probably work any time. Also, if You upgrade, please contact:
Sean Leenhouts
Logos Bible Software - Direct Sales
(360-685-4438) Direct Line
1-800-875-6467 Ext. (4438)
Sean DÓT leenhouts át logos DÓT com
... and tell that referred You!

Most things in Bronze are of no use to me. I'm sorry, but it's difficult to calculate how many of the books would be/are of use to me as I've tagged the books "L5Silver" including those that come at Bronze level (I had upgraded directly to L5 Silver from Original Languages at the time when I did the tagging so I couldn't see the difference). Speaking of $, it would perhaps have cost me slightly more to get the books individually instead of upgrading to Bronze, but what settled my decision was that there's just the right amount of Datasets in Bronze! I have no Minimal Crossgrades whatsoever and am positive that I will NEVER do a Minimal Crossgrade in any future version of Logos. I think Logos is putting WAY too much efforts into developing additional Datasets and the Lexham English Bible improvements.

Even though I have some of the needed resources in Logos or as pre-pub order or in Logos waiting to be read within a few years from now, and am pedagogical, I'm unsure whether I'll ever preach (one reason being that it's really hard to find a Church over here that would accept much of my views).
Next year I will be studying classical Gk at uni. Then I will read and utilize my books at home for ½-1 semester, and then I will study in a few theology classes, and after that I will take the Biblical Greek classes:

Super Tramp:
I agree most of us don't need the biggest packages. I am not a seminary student, classroom teacher or pulpit minister.

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com
48G AMD octacore V9.2 Acc 11

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS