Please make the "Getting Started" section on the home page go away.

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5625
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 20 2013 11:29 AM

There was some mention that this section would go away on its own, but it's been five days, and it still dominates my home page.  Please provide an option to remove it.

I wouldn't mind it so much if it wasn't just a big blue box.  A huge blue box that doesn't do anything except link to a webpage.  Not sure I understand why the video doesn't just play in the home page, but it doesn't, so why waste the space?

Anyhow, I don't want to see it, and I'm sure other experienced users will want to dismiss it immediately.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1085
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 20 2013 11:48 AM

I don't have the beta, but I agree, that will be an eye-sore if it can't be disabled in desktop preferences.

Posts 636
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2013 9:30 PM

+1 Yes

Posts 468
Anon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2013 10:08 PM

"Getting Started" has not gone away - still stuck on page 3.

Would like it to go away.

+YesYes

Posts 25200
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2013 11:29 PM

Anon:
"Getting Started" has not gone away - still stuck on page 3.

I don't have it anymore - maybe there is hopeSmile

Posts 636
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2013 11:41 PM

You are a lucky one Graham. Even after hitting F5 to refresh the homepage it keeps coming back.

It seems to me that since it's a feature a new user would want but a long-time user wouldn't, maybe they could just make it an option (enabled by default for new users) that we could turn off (such as the side bar, program settings, etc).

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 4:30 AM

It is still on mine, just slipped to page 3. 

It seems this may be the only content type that cannot be turned off in configuration of the home page. It is not considered the content of any of the current settings. 

It seems to me, if a user is up to speed on Logos enough that they can go into settings, find the proper setting to turn that content off on the home page, or back on if they want to see it, that they no longer WANT or NEED to see "Getting Started". Amen?

Posts 29792
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 4:40 AM

Question for those dealing with the issue... Were you on beta, or did you just recently update? It is my understanding that this feature is for "new users." Since EVERYONE is currently a "new user" (meaning "since this feature was released") it appears for EVERYONE. It is also my understanding that after a short period of time it disappears. Depending upon how you utilize your homepage, it may remain a little longer for some than for others. Has anyone had it for more than a week or 10 days?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 4:49 AM

alabama24:

Question for those dealing with the issue... Were you on beta, or did you just recently update? It is my understanding that this feature is for "new users." Since EVERYONE is currently a "new user" (meaning "since this feature was released") it appears for EVERYONE. It is also my understanding that after a short period of time it disappears. Depending upon how you utilize your homepage, it may remain a little longer for some than for others. Has anyone had it for more than a week or 10 days?

I was not in the beta. I installed 5.1a the day that 5.1a Release Candidate 1 (5.1.1.0589) came out, which was August 26. So I have had the Getting Started on my Home Page for 11 days now.

Posts 636
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 5:57 AM

I too have never been on beta and have had it on page 1 front and center since the day it came out.

Posts 5625
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 7:20 AM

alabama24:
It is also my understanding that after a short period of time it disappears. Depending upon how you utilize your homepage, it may remain a little longer for some than for others. Has anyone had it for more than a week or 10 days?

Well, I still have it--in the small format.  The smaller size makes it much less of a problem, but I'd still like it to go away.

That makes 18 days since I first saw it (and 22 since I installed the beta that added it).

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 29792
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 7:43 AM

Todd Phillips:

Well, I still have it--in the small format.  The smaller size makes it much less of a problem, but I'd still like it to go away.

That makes 18 days since I first saw it (and 22 since I installed the beta that added it).

I wasn't concerned at all until I read this... Is it on page 7 or something? Or is it still "front and center"? I have a "minimalist" approach to the HP, but it has been gone for a while for me. "Verse of the Day," however, makes guest appearances. (I invited her, but she doesn't always show up for the party).

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 7:53 AM

Todd Phillips:

Question: Do you regularly shut down Logos? Just wondering if it hangs on indefinitely if Logos doesn't restart. [Total wild guess.]

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 5625
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 8:01 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

Question: Do you regularly shut down Logos? Just wondering if it hangs on indefinitely if Logos doesn't restart. [Total wild guess.]

Well, not daily.  I restart Logos at minimum whenever I get an update (resource or program), which would be at least 11 times since Aug 20.

Posts 636
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 8:05 AM

I personally restart Logos several times a day. I also have the verse of the day checked in my sidebar settings panel but have yet to have it appear on my homepage.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 8:09 AM

Todd Phillips:

Richard DeRuiter:

Well, not daily.  I restart Logos at minimum whenever I get an update (resource or program), which would be at least 11 times since Aug 20.

I assume you've also tried to refresh the page (F5, for Windows).

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 10:06 AM

I have done F5 and Shift-F5 it is still there.  Mine is not on page 1, but that's a function of what content is checked. It will be on Page 1 if I unchecked a few content types (just tried). In fact, with everything unchecked for HP content, I get 1 Bible excerpt, 1 Book of the Day, and GETTING STARTED.

Any chance Logos can comment on this? I don't see how this gets resolved otherwise.

Posts 468
Anon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 10:46 AM

alabama24:

Had "Getting Started" since RC 1 installed 8/21... and still have it.

Posts 468
Anon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 10:49 AM

Richard DeRuiter:
Question: Do you regularly shut down Logos?

everyday, several times. refresh of "home page" doesn't get rid of it either.

Posts 53
sal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2013 6:38 AM

I restart Logos each day and I still have it.  Hopefully Logos will provide a way to deselect it in the start-up menu. It is very distracting.

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS