Bug: Update Active Layout Not Working in 5.1a RC 1

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 22 2013 4:20 PM

"Update active layout" command appears to work only intermittently.

My Old Testament layout's main panel also has 3 floating windows--one for CBV, one for Search, & one for several linked Bibles.

The floating window for Bibles appears to be MISSED by Update Active Layout.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

1. In main panel, set resources linked to EG (MEG) & resources linked to PG (MPG) to week's Scripture: Isaiah 58:6–14.
  2. In floating window for Bibles, set Scripture to Isaiah 58:6–14 (same passage).
  3. In command box, type Update Active Window
  4. Open another layout.
  5. Reopen Old Testament layout.

Main window resources keyed to Isaiah 58:6-14 are all correct.

Floating Bibles window is unchanged from prior setting.

This appears to hold true even if I:

1. drag Update Active Window to the toolbar. No discernible effect.
  2. Manually click the Synchronize button to trigger sync with cloud

However, once in awhile, just to confuse me, something causes it to update correctly. Can't reproduce the behavior that works. Surprise

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 27841
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 22 2013 10:23 PM

Bill

I cannot reproduce, perhaps because I made some assumptions:-

BillS:

• In floating window for Bibles, set Scripture to Isaiah 58:6–14 (same passage).

I had these bibles on link set B, with main window on link set A. Therefore two changes are needed as you imply.

BillS:

• In command box, type Update Active Window

No such command. I used "update to current snapshot" in Layout menu.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2013 8:13 AM

BillS:
In command box, type Update Active Window

Mea culpa!

That should be Update Active LAYOUT, not window. I was able to drag that command to the toolbar, where it's equally ineffective, most of the time.

This is a bug.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2013 9:12 AM

In case it's related to my layout (not sure how to share that), here are pix:

Main window (note the dark icon in toolbar, just below & a bit to left of the "L" in window title bar's "Logos Bible...": that icon is Update Active Layout)

Floating Bibles:

Floating CBV

Floating Search:

As you can see, pretty straightforward... puts at my fingertips all the resources I frequently use during the week of developing an OT sermon.

My habit is to update the layout at the beginning of each week to  THAT week's Scriptures... if I "litter" the layout with other resources, it's then easy to reload back to the starting point... And it's consistently working in the main panel, just not the floating Bibles window. Tried it again this morning just to make sure (rebooted at end of night last night; started L5 fresh this a.m.). Still failing.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 27841
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 23 2013 6:14 PM

I assumed all Floating bibles on link set "F", all PG tile resources on "B", and all EG tile resources on "A" and still could not reproduce.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 24 2013 11:27 AM

Dave,

Are you saying that if you save active layout, pull up another layout, & then go back your the saved layout, that the Bibles in your floating Bibles window are on the Scripture you saved? Not some other? Wonder what's going on with my installation, then? Are you using Windows 8?

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 27841
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 24 2013 5:42 PM

BillS:
Are you saying that if you save active layout, pull up another layout, & then go back your the saved layout, that the Bibles in your floating Bibles window are on the Scripture you saved?

Yes, without exception. But I'm on Windows 7.

Try deleting all versions of the OT layout except for the current one, and also remove older snapshots.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 25 2013 4:57 PM

Deleted all old OT layouts as you suggested. Ended up having to replace the OT link on my toolbar, too, as it appears to be keyed to a SPECIFIC layout OT layout rather than the current updated version. (When I deleted all the Old OT Layouts, it stopped working. I recreated the link by dragging the latest iteration to the toolbar. Both it & the Update Active Layout button now work as expected.

When the OT layout button stopped working, does that point to a different error that was causing the symptoms on my desktop? Or is this a one-time problem that the NEW & IMPROVED update layout functions?

Thanks for all your help, Dave!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 27841
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 25 2013 9:42 PM

BillS:
When the OT layout button stopped working, does that point to a different error that was causing the symptoms on my desktop? Or is this a one-time problem that the NEW & IMPROVED update layout functions?

The command shortcut appears to work as expected, and a layout shortcut also worked (my new button was not tied to the version from which it was created, both in the latest beta and the current release 5.1). Maybe your old shortcut was tied to the version.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 3760
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 26 2013 2:24 PM

Dave Hooton:
Maybe your old shortcut was tied to the version.

Could be... it's an old shortcut, created way before the new functionality. If so, that may mean that others experience a one-time conversion hiccup. It'd be nice if it were automatically converted for us, though.

Blessings! 

Grace & Peace,
Bill

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS