Selling/transferring rights to software

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Bill Triplett | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 25 2013 2:04 PM

Does anyone know what the licenseallows in terms of selling your copy of Logos?

I am in financial straights and interested in sellingmine and purchasing a smaller collection. 

I have to look but I have over $5000 invested and am willing to sell at half price. 

Bill Triplett

Posts 9581
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 25 2013 2:09 PM

Bill, I feel for your situation and encourage you not to do this unless you really have to do so.

Logos allows you to be able to transfer ownership but that will cost you $20 per transaction (one book or many books).

All the best as you seek to do the wise thing.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 25 2013 2:34 PM

At one point Bill, I had a forum established for folks to post things like this. But it is broken.

Right now Ebay or craigslist is probably your best bet.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 2040
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 25 2013 2:47 PM

bill, email me a list of what You have: info át cykeltaxi dót se

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com
48G AMD octacore V9.2 Acc 11

Posts 1083
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 25 2013 5:01 PM

If you're making a list for Unix, could you email it to me as well? Thanks! My email address is with Google (you know gmail), and it's the first initial of my first name, followed by "p", followed by my entire last name.

Posts 8144
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 25 2013 6:55 PM

Craigslist is the way to go.  Lots of spam claiming they will buy your stuff, but if you can be patience you'll eventually get a buyer.  Last year I had a financial crunch and one of the things I regret the most is selling my original L4 Platinum because I can't get it back --- And just when I thought I was gonna repurchase back everything I used to own and started making payments on it, things took another sharp turn, but this time I was able to return things since they were within a returnable time table, sort of.

My advice, though, if you don't really need to sell them, then don't you will most likely regret it.

DAL

Ps. I'll be praying for your situation to get better.

Posts 32548
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 25 2013 7:40 PM

bill triplett:
Does anyone know what the license allows in terms of selling your copy of Logos?

There are specific rules relating to items bought at a student discount and items bought in packages/bundles. If either of these apply, I would suggest contacting Logos before advertising so that you don't well something you cannot deliver.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS