Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5
Wayne R. Eskew Sr | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 30 2013 6:06 PM

I just installed Libronix on my new computer and none of the programs I had before are there. Any suggestions as to what I can do to get the programs I had. WRE

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2013 6:37 PM

Bob,

Please add some information: what other programs are you talking about? What computer are you using and what operating system? Is Libronix working on the new computer?

If you have a pretty new computer is there a reason you have not loaded Logos 5? The instructions are here: http://www.logos.com/installation

Please Edit your post and remove your email address to avoid getting a lot of unwanted email.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2969
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2013 6:49 PM

Mark Smith:

Please Edit your post and remove your email address to avoid getting a lot of unwanted email.

Within about 10 Hours you can edit your post.  

Read your own post  Click MORE then click EDIT (both on the right side and at the level of your name in your post

And Welcome to the forums.

Posts 5
Wayne R. Eskew Sr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2013 6:52 PM

windows 8 and I have 5 downloaded. I had several item in the Library and now there are none. can't even pull up daily Bible reading program

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2013 7:02 PM

Wayne R. Eskew Sr:
I had several item in the Library and now there are none. can't even pull up daily Bible reading program

Nothing in your Library or just some items missing?

When you install Logos 5 for the first time, it will need to download and index your resources. If you logged in when Logos 5 first opened, using your Logos account email address, Logos should discover your licenses and start to download the resources. A small blue notification icon appears in the Windows 7 system try (lower right corner) but I don't know where it would appear in W8. Hovering on that icon (if there is one) tells you the progress of the download. So the first thing to check is whether a download is occurring (and whether you logged in with the correct user email).

Some things in Libronix are handled differently in Logos 5 and so what was a resource is now a tool and doesn't appear in Library.

Reading plans I'm not so sure about. They should sync over the Internet but that may not happen until after your resources download (a reading plan is no good without the resources keyed to it.)

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5
Wayne R. Eskew Sr | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2013 7:31 PM

in looking thru things I found account activity and there are some codes in there. do I need to enter those codes, if so where do I enter them

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2013 7:33 PM

Wayne R. Eskew Sr:
in looking thru things I found account activity and there are some codes in there. do I need to enter those codes, if so where do I enter them

No you don't have to add anything like you did in Libronix. Did you ever synchronize your licenses over the Internet in Libronix?

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5
Wayne R. Eskew Sr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2013 8:31 AM

When I click on more it only brings up 3 items report abuse, add to favorites and add. no edit comes up. Need to take my email off the post.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2013 8:36 AM

Wayne R. Eskew Sr:

When I click on more it only brings up 3 items report abuse, add to favorites and add. no edit comes up. Need to take my email off the post.

I was able to get your post edited and had the email removed from there (thanks Logos).

Please clarify if you are running Logos5, if you unlocked Libronix before you did, if so are you using the same Logos ID (usually the email address you used when you first registered the program).

Without a clearer picture of what's going on, it's difficult to offer suggestions that are more than wild guesses. Anything you can do to clarify what you have, what you've done and what you see/don't see would be helpful to us.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 5
Wayne R. Eskew Sr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2013 3:44 PM

DOES WINDOWS 8 SUPPORT LIBRONIX

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 31 2013 3:47 PM

Wayne R. Eskew Sr:

Here's an old thread that discusses how one person got it running: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/61297.aspx

Yes. It can be a challenge.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 28007
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2013 6:45 PM

Wayne R. Eskew Sr:

The official answer is NO. It is officially compatible with IE8 but will run on IE9 with a patch. The latest OS that will support it with any certainty is Windows 7 and IE9. You will encounter more issues the further you diverge from W7 and IE9.

Note that Windows 8 comes with IE10 and you should install the patch before attempting an installation.

To properly install Libronix you need a backup of your licence file (from previous Libronix) or your Confirmation Code. Then you must load your resources and if you don't have a backup you can attempt to download them via your Orders page on logos.com or the Logos FTP site.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 1
tituscook | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 18 2013 9:00 PM

browsing here for more information and answers... as I have Libronix 3.0e installed on my new Win 8 laptop.  It has installed and all my library synced and opens, however I have lost some font typeset (specifically text lines in Bible that are to be red, all text is instead black).  I have no further need to purchase any other software as what I want/need to use is already in my library.  Suggestions?  anything I can do or have possibly missed here?  thanks!!

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 12:30 AM

Linda Niemeyer:
I have no further need to purchase any other software as what I want/need to use is already in my library.  Suggestions?

Welcome Big Smile

Logos 5 is free => http://www.logos.com/installation

Libronix support => http://www.logos.com/support/logos3/windows includes link to 3.0g => https://www.logos.com/install3

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 5:51 AM

Linda ... time's running out of you, technology-wise. Even if Libronix almost runs now, Microsoft is sure to upgrade Windows8 causing more headaches.

I use Libronix maybe 80% of the time; I also have Logos5 installed as well (which is free, if it wasn't mentioned above).

But I run Libronix inside what's termed a 'virtual box'. The 'pro' version of W8 includes one free; or you can use a free one (or buy a nicer one) on the web.

A virtual box essentially replicates (usually) XP and the older IE (both making Libronix happy). 

But a virtual box is a temporary solution; eventually if you like the Logos resources etc, upgrading the software may be in order. Or do like I do ... use both!

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 8:34 AM

Linda Niemeyer:

browsing here for more information and answers... as I have Libronix 3.0e installed on my new Win 8 laptop.  It has installed and all my library synced and opens, however I have lost some font typeset (specifically text lines in Bible that are to be red, all text is instead black).  I have no further need to purchase any other software as what I want/need to use is already in my library.  Suggestions?  anything I can do or have possibly missed here?  thanks!!

Thanks for this info.  I just purchased a new PC (my old one didn't like to shut down or start up), and I was wondering if anyone has been able to get L3 running on a Windows 8 machine.

FYI... I too use L3 and L5.

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 8:11 PM

tom:

Thanks for this info.  I just purchased a new PC (my old one didn't like to shut down or start up), and I was wondering if anyone has been able to get L3 running on a Windows 8 machine.

FYI... I too use L3 and L5.

Check out this thread

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS