Discounts based on version owned

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 25
Jeffrey Willis | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 1 2013 11:52 AM

Just a gripe here but honestly, with all the advertising Logos does versus their prices, I think people should get a discount on future non-upgrade purchases based upon the version you have.  Obviously you are dropping some big bucks the higher you go in base packages. Makes sense (I think) as I am paying over 2K for portfolio over 1.5 years. So if I want more resources as a cash strapped customer, shouldn't I have some sort of incentive to buy more.  Again, just a gripe. Input on this greatly appreciated  

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2013 12:32 PM

Jeffrey Willis:
I think people should get a discount on future non-upgrade purchases based upon the version you have.

Devil How do you know Logos does not already do his?   The more I own the cheaper my prices seem to be. 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 25
Jeffrey Willis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2013 1:07 PM

I don't. But then again I don't get a message that says "based upon your current package you get this discount"  Good enough?

Posts 25
Jeffrey Willis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2013 1:08 PM

And right back at you, how do you know your prices are cheaper?

Posts 2909
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2013 1:13 PM

Logos discounts their base packages based on what you own. They call it dynamic pricing. You can see what new books you will get by looking at the "New to you" indicator. So indeed, on base package purchases your price is cheaper if you own another base package and will be further discounted if you already own resources in the package to which you are updating. 

Unfortunately not all packages have dynamic pricing. We have asked for dynamic pricing on many bundles (where the total price of the bundle would be discounted if we own part) and so far this is something that Logos is interested in but has not implemented.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 9917
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2013 1:14 PM

Jeffrey, you're not going to beat Super ... his per resource hovers around $2 each.

But philosophically (theologically?), each customer starts equally with the chance for a good Bible book(s). I'm $15k in the hole, but don't mind a new customer the same discounts I receive. 

Jacob ... I think Logos calls that 'not charging you twice'. Logos fans think 'discount!'.

Posts 18577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2013 1:21 PM

Jeffrey Willis:

I don't. But then again I don't get a message that says "based upon your current package you get this discount"  Good enough?

I've talked to sales reps and had them exclaim when they saw how much I've spent on Logos resources over the years, and shift into a sort of "I can get you THIS discount because of all you've spent" kind of mode. So yeah, they do reward good customers with better discounts.

Posts 2037
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2013 1:32 PM

I'm positive they are doing it! Geeked I got LSJ for $28 thanks to have been a customer for a while - as a phone only offer. I've spent a large part of my income since my April 2012 pay, they must have looked at that. Once on March 22. 2013 I was able to negotiate a better price on two items together with a third (Greek Audio New Testament) on which I didn't get a better price. And as a returning customer on April 19. 2012 I got discounts. What Logos offers and at what price, seems to me tailored to what I need and will use. I need so little other things to do than read books and a small part of my books are as printed matter and a very small part in Accordance. I find Logos more and more reliable compared to other ways to spend. For example I've been waiting for some time for my NIDB to arrive as printed matter from the States, it shipped with the cheapest shipping available, the shipping was still expensive, the dictionary itself cost $80. The greatest feeling is to get something that I will use and take to my heart, highlight and make notes in.

Super Tramp:
Devil How do you know Logos does not already do his? The more I own the cheaper my prices seem to be:
Jeffrey Willis:
I think people should get a discount on future non-upgrade purchases based upon the version you have.

Still ... there are some 95% off sales at Logos:

... wait ...
... hold Your breath ...

... the cost, the 5% is how much of Your time it took to read this post.
The savings are: You save 100% when You DON'T BUY a book, so don't buy for example these:
Anchor Yale Bible Dictionary. Save 100%, limp along with some dictionary included in Your Logos base-package or Accordance Collection.
NIV11. Save 100% and errors.
Verbum Scripture Study.
Homer’s Iliad and Odyssey (8 vols.) save 100% (CP price $12).
Teach the Text Commentary Series (3 vols.). It's good - but if not going to preach then what to do with it? Please advice me!
etc. ...

What do I do with the pastoral material and all the Presbyterian, Evangelical, Baptist and Reformed books in the base-packages? I don't see any reason to upgrade.
The lowest price per book isn't always the best way.
A high price a page or per book is rarely.

Some of the things that are the hardest to find, can't be found in Logos, the Gk Bible (but Gk skills will help), and barely as printed matter. You can have a look at what I've recently found, at: http://twitter.com/mcyklist
I'm not feeling well, my girlfriend just broke up with me, please pray for us!

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 18577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2013 1:43 PM

Unix:

So sorry to hear that, Unix. I hope you are finding fellowship in your new theological friend and that can help you get through the pain of a breakup.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2013 1:44 PM

Denise:
Jeffrey, you're not going to beat Super ... his per resource hovers around $2 each.

Actually, it is now up to $4.26 per volume. I just got the Baker Academic Biblical Studies Bundle. My wife's average is $.20 per book but I have all the good stuff. Wink

Posts 2037
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2013 1:51 PM

She still wants to be friend with me though - not like the last time she broke up with me when she didn't want to have any contact, but I cried and pleaded to her and she changed her mind:

Rosie Perera:
So sorry to hear that, Unix:
Unix:

EDIT: All, don't forget my question: "Teach the Text Commentary Series (3 vols.). It's good - but if not going to preach then what to do with it? Please advice me!".

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 25
Jeffrey Willis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2013 1:56 PM

Ok, well if others seem to think Logos is doing ok with discounts based upon current ownership then fine. I just haven't seen it. I will say that Logos is most accommodating and has bee

n very helpful. I will also say that in my opinion I do NOT think Logos has taken advantage of me. Just saying I haven't had clear and definitive proof that Logos is giving me discounts based on my current package.

Posts 25
Jeffrey Willis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2013 1:57 PM

May the Lord see you through. All things happen according to his design.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2013 2:18 PM

Jeffrey Willis:

cheaper?

Posts 18577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2013 2:23 PM

Super Tramp:

Jeffrey Willis:

cheaper?

The prices shown on the website are cheaper for many of us because of dynamic pricing (ST, you probably have most of the titles in each of those collections you listed already). But what really shows you're a special customer is if you call up Logos and they offer you an even cheaper price than what you see on the website, just for being a longtime customer who has spent lots. I routinely email my sales rep and ask him what deal he can cut me on all the things I'm considering buying. He can usually get me 10-15% off the website price. Not for all titles, mind you, but then I just buy the ones that I can get the best deals on and wait for a sale on the others.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2013 2:50 PM

Rosie Perera:
. But what really shows you're a special customer is if you call up Logos and they offer you an even cheaper price than what you see on the website, just for being a longtime customer who has spent lots. I routinely email my sales rep and ask him what deal he can cut me on all the things I'm considering buying

You know you are special when the rep gives you a discount when you did not even ask for one. Angel If I had to total the retail prices of everything I own...Coffee

Posts 18577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2013 3:09 PM

Super Tramp:
If I had to total the retail prices of everything I own...

That would be an interesting (though unfortunately too time-consuming) exercise. What I've spent is already pretty staggering. The retail value of it all (in paper) would probably be more than I'd ever care to spend on books in a lifetime.

Posts 18577
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 1 2013 3:27 PM

Super Tramp:
You know you are special when the rep gives you a discount when you did not even ask for one.

I think the reps try to make us all feel like we're special, because we're more likely to spend money that way. Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 2 2013 10:42 PM

Thankful for 482 free Vyrso ebooks since Thanksgiving 2011.

Thankful for recent sales in November and December.

Thankful for Logos.com wish list now showing dynamic upgrade and sale prices.

Thankful for $ 1.99 per resource that includes free Logos and Vyrso resources plus Logos 5 Portfolio, Verbum Capstone, Master Bundle XL, and Biblioteca Premier along with many successful community pricing bids => http://www.logos.com/products/search?Status=Community+Pricing&start=&sort=progress&pageSize=15

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS