Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2037
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 28 2014 10:07 AM

Ricky, still I would expect many books to continue to be shipped for L4. It's for example the books with the latest Logos Controlled Vocabulary that need special tagging that need a late version of L5 to run such as the New Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible (which I think is excellent - I've had it on paper since before it became available and now with two Logos accounts). Even though that update for NIDB probably still hasn't shipped they told us it would run on L5.

Speaking of which I just managed to get the Libronix license file emailed regarding the spare Logos account which I'm trying to sell to someone who would research together with me. If I don't get it sold I may perhaps use it myself, an option would be to merge the accounts (either mine with the spare, or the friend's (if having Logos since before) with the spare if selling it), another option is to return what's been purchased within 30 days which is most of the account. I don't want to see Logos thinking I want L6, so I might kick the tires of it and L5 Clause Search with the spare account (as well as use what's there with L3) - with an L6 Core Crossgrade in the spare account. Nothing prohibits duplicating some items - I think they have to make some money out of that. New Interpreter's Bible (Commentary) is also a duplicate when considering I have it in Accordance. But I want to solve this situation within days from now by Nov 1.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 2037
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 29 2014 9:28 AM

Now I might have found a future user for the spare account. He is really interested in research. But he certainly needs time to decide (a) topic(s). He was fascinated about computerized possibilities, but I don't know if L6 Core Crossgrade is the right option - well at least it's the cheapest current option (L4 and L5 Minimal Crossgrades not being sold any longer since Monday) and I would suppose there's a dynamic pricing still valid later on although they do get a premium from step-by-step purchases (compared to high first purchase).

At least relevant to these latest two posts, there's an interesting thread started by a user who's been a Logos user since about day one, and who is not finding any value in L6 crossgrade(s?): Cross-grade (extended).

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 3
Dave H | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2015 11:51 AM

I have an older disk that I have been reading for years on my xp computer. Logos will not allow me to unlock it on my new Windows 7 computer because I cannot remember the email address I registered with way back when. There is no serial number on the disk or on the sleeve it came in. I have searched my old computer and cannot find a serial number that is stored there, although my resource opens. I have to say that I am amazed at the lack of concern or helpfulness on the part of Logos. The only reply I have gotten is "sorry."

Posts 3936
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2015 12:24 PM

They have the authority to unlock it on your account even without the serial number.

Ask to speak to their manager :)

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 3936
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2015 12:27 PM

you may also want to email them a picture of the disk (and drivers license, or something else as "proof of life" so to speak - a way to verify its not just some picture you downloaded off the internet. I used my drivers license.). A copy of the sales receipt (again with Proof of life) may also help your case.

Ultimately the decision is up to CS.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 3
Dave H | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2015 1:09 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give it a try.

Posts 3
Dave H | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2015 3:26 PM

I was able to get help through email support and got my resources unlocked. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Posts 3936
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2015 5:47 PM

glad it worked for you! :)

Posts 1
anane joseph | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 19 2017 3:33 AM

please i am not able to get my libronix installed

Posts 6472
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 19 2017 4:18 AM

Welcome to the forums anane. It is best if you start a new thread. Is there any reason that you want to install Libronix rather than the free Logos 7 engine? If Libronix was installed and synced, all of your resources will download with Logos 7, provided you use the same email address.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 22
Ricky Daugherty | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 19 2017 4:31 AM

How about this reason for still using Libronix:  Logos abandoned several features like user created timelines, and several videos that some of us have in Libronix that is abaolutely NOT available in any of the newer versions including Logos 7!  Also some resources were discontinued and only still available in our older Libronix licenses, but vacant in the newer Logos licenses.  Ergo, they did not upgrade to Logos 7 just like some of my videos did not.

I personally still use both Libronix for my abandoned resources and Logos 7 for the newer stuff that was created later after end of support for Libronix.

It was not fair for Logos to abandon several features that were in Libronix.  Logos owner said it was because feedback indicated they were not used enough to reprogram in the newer Logos engines.   But that feedback excluded all of us that choose not to provide feedback of our use of Libronix.

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS