Hermeneia and Continental Commentaries (68 vols.)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 5 2013 3:11 PM

This is a "shout out" to Bruce. 

Bruce, I know that you made an important decision last month to go ahead an order the Hermeneia collection at the "Back to School" discount of $$699.  You had mentioned it in another post.

I was wondering if you would be willing report back to us on how it's going.  Are you enjoying the collection?  What have you done with the collection so far?  What ideas have you considered for using the collection going forward?  Any other thoughts?

Smile

Posts 9797
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2013 3:24 PM

Thanks for asking Steve. I'm really glad that I purchased these commentaries but I have to confess that I have not had any time to use them Embarrassed....yet. I'm in one of those crazy busy times of life right now e.g. my daughter just was married last Saturday and lots of other reasons that I won't bore you with (excuses, excuses).

The reason I jumped to get this set is that because it was on my "wish list" and was such a good deal. Steve, do you have this set or are you still considering it before the "back to school sale" disappears?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2013 3:41 PM

Bruce Dunning:
Steve, do you have this set or are you still considering it before the "back to school sale" disappears?

I'm not Steve but

I would like to point out any title with dynamic pricing gets even sweeter when it is on sale. Hermeneia/Continental is in the Back to School Sale and Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library is on sale for October. When I place both in my cart and apply the coupon codes it is like a Buy-One-Get-One-Free sale. The dynamic pricing and sale price together are phenomenal!

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2013 3:53 PM

Congratulations Bruce on your daughter's marriage.  And most importantly congratulations to your daughter and your son in law.  What a tremendous blessing to your family and all of us.  Truly.

I do not have the series.  I have read others speak about the Hermeneia series.  It's mentioned at the most valued Mark Barnes Unofficial Website.

I was just looking for some honest feedback.  You are on my "Christmas Card List", Bruce.

Blessings,

Steve.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2013 4:16 PM

Steve:

Congratulations Bruce on your daughter's marriage.  And most importantly congratulations to your daughter and your son in law.  What a tremendous blessing to your family and all of us.  Truly.

I do not have the series.  I have read others speak about the Hermeneia series.  It's mentioned at the most valued Mark Barnes Unofficial Website.

I was just looking for some honest feedback.  You are on my "Christmas Card List", Bruce.

Blessings,

Steve.

I have the Hermeneia series, but I do not have the Continental series.

I used the Hermeneia series all the time when I was in seminary for my Biblical classes.  They are the best at what they do - hands down IMHO.  When I was in a congregation, I did not use them for my sermon prep.  But I did use them my for my Sunday School prep.  

Because I am currently a chaplain (do not write sermons or prepare a Sunday School lessons), I do not use them at all right now.

Posts 9797
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2013 6:31 PM

Steve:
You are on my "Christmas Card List", Bruce.

That's exciting! I will have to try to remember to give you some feedback when I use them.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8924
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 5 2013 8:23 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Thanks for asking Steve. I'm really glad that I purchased these commentaries but I have to confess that I have not had any time to use them Embarrassed....yet. 

The reason I jumped to get this set is that because it was on my "wish list" and was such a good deal.

Wow, this makes me wonder how many of us have done the same thing: "jump on a set because it was a good deal" and just put it "on the digital shelf" and never really use them.  Talk about money just sitting there.  I've done the same thing in the past, but I decided to make an effort and actually use the resources I purchase and I can honestly say it sure pays off once you start using your investment.  I've also made it a resolution to just get what I need instead of just jumping on a set or resource just because it was on sale.  

I'm still waiting on my situation to get better so I can repurchase Platinum and get my upgrades for BECNT and PNTC again.  I really miss those and was getting a lot of benefit from them.  One particular resource I was starting to use a lot was Preaching the Word series.  Lots of great sermon ideas in those "manuscripts."

DAL

Posts 9797
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 6:26 AM

DAL:
Wow, this makes me wonder how many of us have done the same thing: "jump on a set because it was a good deal" and just put it "on the digital shelf" and never really use them.  Talk about money just sitting there.  I've done the same thing in the past, but I decided to make an effort and actually use the resources I purchase and I can honestly say it sure pays off once you start using your investment.  I've also made it a resolution to just get what I need instead of just jumping on a set or resource just because it was on sale.  

I'm sure that many Logos uses have done the same thing. At the same time it has only been a month since I made the purchase but I hear your reflections on this and they are a good caution for us all.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS