BUG? Please don't shrink the reference box

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 6 2013 8:37 AM

I'm not sure when this started but the reference box shrinks when the window gets smaller.  I often use small windows and I'd rather see a full reference than anything else on the tool bar.  This is very annoying to me.  It even shrinks before it runs out of empty toolbar space.  See the various sizes:

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 30529
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 8:44 AM

Reminds me of an episode of Seinfeld... nevermind. Cool

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 9:00 AM

I remember that episode. George was barking about interlinears in the ... oh wait.

Agree on ref-box size being sized to available space. Esp since they don't abbrev the reference.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 9:03 AM

Denise:
I remember that episode. George was barking about interlinears in the ... oh wait.

SurpriseBig Smile

Denise:
Agree on ref-box size being sized to available space.

Even when the space was gone, I'd rather lose the adjacent buttons than the reference box size.  I can always temporarily expand the window if I need to click a button, but the reference box is displaying info that I always want to see.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 6 2013 9:14 AM

Totally OT, but I was reviewing my panels to see all the variation in 'squishing up' reference-box policies.  

Interestingly 'Search' (huh?) in the Cited-By panel refuses to be squished or scrolled.

In fact 'Search' will destroy the reference box before giving up even a single letter. Tough boy.

I'd bet most people don't even know about instant reference searches.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS