Changing Version in Exegetical Guide

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 17
ALDON E. COTTON | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 7 2013 9:15 PM

Can someone share with me how to get the AV into the exegetical guide and also how to add certain books to the commentaries.

Thanks

Posts 25485
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 7 2013 10:59 PM

Hi Aldon

ALDON E. COTTON:
Can someone share with me how to get the AV into the exegetical guide

Click on the Translation title under "Word by Word", type KJV and select which one you want

Note, you cant use the "Authorised Version" resource itself as it doesn't have a Reverse Interlinear which is required for this.

ALDON E. COTTON:
how to add certain books to the commentaries

Not sure exactly what you mean - please clarify

Graham 

Posts 17
ALDON E. COTTON | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 10 2013 8:15 PM

Thanks for you help. What I mean by adding books, if you had logos 4 we were able to add books we wanted to see in the guides but I don't know how to do it with logos 5. For example if I wanted to see the book of Figures of Speech in the exegetical guide how would I do it so when I go to the guide it will be there?

Posts 25485
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 10 2013 11:37 PM

Hi Aldon

ALDON E. COTTON:
For example if I wanted to see the book of Figures of Speech in the exegetical guide how would I do it so when I go to the guide it will be there?

You can put this resource (and others you want included) into a collection - see http://wiki.logos.com/Collections for details

Then you need to customise your exegetical guide by opening it from the Guides menu:

and choosing "Edit Guide Template"

Add a collections section to your guide by dragging the "Collections" section to it and then select the collection you created earlier:

Rename the exegetical guide by clicking in the area near the top of the panel

(I called it "EG Test 3")

Then close the Editor from the resource menu

Select this Exegetical Guide from the resource you are interested in:

and it should appear in the EG results

Hope this helps

Graham 

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 5:15 AM

Peace, Graham!            *smile*

I DO praise our Gracious and Loving God for you!           He gave you a good heart, indeed.  Also loving and gracious!

I just now "pondered" all of the "steps" you went through to answer an enquirer as to the "how" of a "matter".......            Well-Done indeed!          I didn't count how many screen shots you did ...       ... your narrative is clean and precise   ...

You get an A+     !!!!                      eh???

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 25485
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 19 2013 12:12 PM

Thanks Milford

Really appreciated, Graham

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS