Logos 5 upgrade

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Kenneth Burgett | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 12 2013 6:44 PM

The upgrade to Logos 4 Silver was under $200.  With the discount, the upgrade this time to Silver is over $500.  The price is ridiculously high even with the discount.  It's like buying a whole new package.  Upgrades should be much less, if not free...especially to loyal customers.  I won't be upgrading.

Posts 9112
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2013 6:50 PM

Kenneth, welcome to the forums.

I am sorry the upgrading process is a bit confusing.

You can download the L5 software and install it for no cost and you'll have all the features you had in L4.

For about $160 you can purchase the Minimal Crossgrade that will give you the datasets and all the new features in L5.

So for free you can have L5 and your existing resources and functionality, and for about $160 you can have all L5 offers that is new. You don't have to do the Silver upgrade.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2013 6:51 PM

Mark beat me to it. Surprise

I hope he answered all your questions.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 9112
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2013 6:54 PM

I forgot, but there is also something called the Core Datasets which costs about $80. Check that out here.

You may qualify for some discounting on the Minimal Crossgrade because of having some of the required resources already. The web page for that product should show your actual price.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 27966
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 12 2013 7:31 PM

I think the others explained well... But I wanted to rant (just a little). The term "upgrade" is really a misnomer. As has been said, you can "upgrade" your software for free. Purchasing a new base package isn't "upgrading," As you wrote, you are indeed buying a new base package. There is nothing wrong with that... Logos stays in business through the sale of base packages. The point, however, is that you don't have to purchase a base package to "upgrade," and "upgrading" really is independent of purchasing a new base package. 

Also, I want you to understand... There is absolutely no correlation between any base package level you had previously, and a new one. I really wish Logos had gone a different route than to use precious metals in the naming of base packages this go around. The fact that you purchased an "L4 Silver" package is irrelevant to any purchase of an L5 package. You aren't "stuck" purchasing "silver." 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS