CRASH: Logos Crashing on Restart When Installing New Resource

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 234
David | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 15 2013 12:34 AM

This crash seems to be pretty consistent when I purchase a new resource on Logos. In this instance, I had Logos open (and had for a number of days). I went to the Logos web site and purchased a new resource. Immediately, the status icon in the toolbar showed up and asked to restart Logos. This time (because I have a frequent history of crashes on restarts), I saved my layout before restarting. Sure enough, as soon as it started to restart, it crashed. My detailed log files are below. I really do hope someone from Logos will look at these to fix the restart crash errors. Thanks.

David

1680.LogosLogs.davidschlup.20130915-013336.zip

Posts 26953
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 15 2013 4:27 AM

The logs don't have any crash info for the 15th. They show that the resource was indexed successfully. Assuming there was a crash before the successful run of Logos/Indexer there would be a crash log and crash details in the Error log.  I'll leave this for Logos.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 234
David | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 15 2013 4:39 AM

Dave,

The crash occurred on the 14th. It didn't crash on the reindex, that was successful. It crashed on the restart before it loaded the new resource and then reindexed. You would need to look earlier in the log file.

Dave

Posts 26953
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 15 2013 3:28 PM

There are no details for the 14th. The error log starts at the 15th and there is an older crash log which would have been overwritten by a crash on the 14th!

Best to contact Support who can work interactively with your computer.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 234
David | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 15 2013 3:51 PM
Maybe the error happened early after midnight on the 15th. Regardless, the crass occurred before the resource was downloaded. There is a bug somewhere within Logos and would like for someone at Logos to take a look at it. Again, Logos crashed when I tried to restart Logos. I had just purchased a resource, it asked to restart, and the program crashed. It was successful loading the resource and indexing once Logos restarted. Dave
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS