Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 29474
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 16 2013 9:23 AM

I have several issues to report, both related to the "update now" command:

1. I am currently unable to update to the beta build via "update now."
  2. New resources are not downloading via "update now."
  3. When "update now" was working, it would take forever to recognize a new build or resource.*
  4. Sometimes the "update now" popup doesn't go away, even after resources have been recognized and downloaded.**

EDIT: Dave suggested to someone else to restart windows. I did the unmaclike thing of restarting OSX, and the beta automatically started downloading, without even starting Logos... that has never happened to me that I am aware of.

* The "update now" process has been very slow for me, on both my iMac & MacBook Pro for perhaps a couple of months now... The issue was perhaps hit or miss. My experience has generally always been that the use of "update now" prompts a dialog box to appear, and resources or new builds were discovered in a minute or so. I have seen the process take more than 10 minutes. 

** This is the popup I am talking about. It appears quickly, but nothing happens. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 29474
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2013 10:51 AM

Here is a screen shot from my MacBook Pro. (It is downloading the beta build, by the way). Notice that there is a download active, but the popup below still says: "Checking For Updates."

Posts 29474
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 16 2013 7:45 PM

BUMP

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2013 1:41 AM

Alabama,

Yes, I can confirm the same issue, the small 2 lines of pop up "Checking for Update ..." are still there, despite the fact that downloading is indeed in progress.

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 620
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2013 10:04 AM

I am running 10.6.8 and have had similar experiences. I ran the "update now" command because the latest update (5.1a SR-2) did not download automatically even though that is my setting. I simply just clicked on the "x" on the "checking for updates" message box and it disappeared.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 29474
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2013 10:35 AM

Randall Cue:

I simply just clicked on the "x" on the "checking for updates" message box and it disappeared.

Yes, that is my experience as well. 

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 17 2013 10:35 AM

Some more testing is also needed for the following scenario:

• Start a download.
  • When that is finished, instead of starting the indexing, do an Update Now.

I happened to get two prepub e-mails last week, right in the middle of the big Perseus download, so, not wanting two indexing sessions, I did just that. Then I got two more e-mails during that download, so I did the same thing again. Both times I saw some odd things happening. I don't remember all of it, but I don't think the new notification bar and the old popup cooperate quite the way they should. For one thing the popup kept showing a spinning wheel that never stopped spinning.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 29474
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 18 2013 4:25 AM

Bump. I feel like fgh Stick out tongue

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 5:58 PM

fgh:

Some more testing is also needed for the following scenario:

• Start a download.
  • When that is finished, instead of starting the indexing, do an Update Now.

I happened to get two prepub e-mails last week, right in the middle of the big Perseus download, so, not wanting two indexing sessions, I did just that. Then I got two more e-mails during that download, so I did the same thing again. Both times I saw some odd things happening. I don't remember all of it, but I don't think the new notification bar and the old popup cooperate quite the way they should. For one thing the popup kept showing a spinning wheel that never stopped spinning.

BUGS when doing an Update Now between downloading and indexing

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 3:50 PM

alabama24:

When "update now" was working, it would take forever to recognize a new build or resource.*

Sometimes the "update now" popup doesn't go away, even after resources have been recognized and downloaded.**

I have created a case for Development for both of these issues. 

Posts 29474
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 4:49 PM

Thanks Angela. 

Posts 29474
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2013 7:14 PM

alabama24:
EDIT: Dave suggested to someone else to restart windows. I did the unmaclike thing of restarting OSX, and the beta automatically started downloading, without even starting Logos... that has never happened to me that I am aware of.

This happened again to me again tonight. Why isn't this considered a bug? MAC users should not have to restart their computers! Ugh. Angry Devil Zip it!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS