Windows 7, Icon broken and Reading Plan line not showing up in Scripture text

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 14
Christopher Evans | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 23 2013 10:49 AM

Hi, 

After updating to 5.1, my reading plan no longer shows up at the beginning and end of the reading for the day. I have OT, NT, Psalms, Prov selections in my plan.  Until now, when I clicked on today's OT reading it would show up just before the text I'm scheduled to read, and at the end of the text, where it would link to the NT reading, etc.  None of that shows up anymore.  Also, the Logos Icon shows up on the bottom of the desktop as a generic App icon instead of the Logos Icon. 

Posts 30529
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 23 2013 12:07 PM

The reading plan is a visual filter. Are you sure it is turned on? Do you still have access to the reading plan document?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 14
Christopher Evans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 23 2013 1:24 PM

Yes, I still have access to the reading plan document.  I'm not sure about visual filters.  I never turned anything off.  Highlighting is working fine,as is the megaphone icon before any quoted phrase.

Posts 30529
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 23 2013 1:54 PM

In your reading plan resource, look for the three intersecting circles icon. Click on that icon button and look for "reading plans." See if your reading plan is checked. 

Posts 14
Christopher Evans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 23 2013 2:22 PM

That did it!  Thanks!

Any idea why my program icon is broken?  I feel there should be a way to re-install an update, but couldn't find it when I searched the boards.   This is a less important problem, but makes me worry about what's been corrupted. 

Posts 30529
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 23 2013 2:29 PM

Christopher Evans:
Any idea why my program icon is broken?

I am a Mac user, and that appears to be a windows installation issue. Sorry, I have no idea.

Christopher Evans:
 I feel there should be a way to re-install an update, but couldn't find it when I searched the boards

You can redownload the engine via the link in my signature line.

Christopher Evans:
This is a less important problem, but makes me worry about what's been corrupted. 

A shortcut icon on your computer's desktop has no bearing on the running of the application, or whether it was installed correctly. It is an OS issue. 

Posts 27903
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 23 2013 3:44 PM

Christopher Evans:

Any idea why my program icon is broken?  I feel there should be a way to re-install an update, but couldn't find it when I searched the boards.   This is a less important problem, but makes me worry about what's been corrupted. 

That's usually an MS installation issue and is not connected with the Logos software. To correct just unpin and then re-pin the program whilst it is running..

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 14
Christopher Evans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 24 2013 5:10 AM

Pin/Unpin worked. Brilliant! Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS