BUGS when doing an Update Now between downloading and indexing

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 25 2013 5:56 PM

Follow up from http://community.logos.com/forums/p/75292/527082.aspx#527082.

The following bugs appear when I have done an initial download, and then, knowing I have more on the way, do an Update Now instead of just letting the indexing start:

1) If there are downloads waiting, the popup never stops claiming that it's still searching for them, even after the notification bar has already found them. (If nothing is found, the popup correctly says so.)

2) The new download message on the notification bar only shows for a few seconds, then it reverts to the 'ready to be installed' message, so you really have to sit staring at that bar, or you'll miss it, and will have to redo the Update Now.

3) The download size on the notification bar is considerably smaller than the one shown when hovering over the menu icon. (My preliminary suspicion is that the icon figure includes the size of the download that was done earlier.)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 26816
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 6:15 PM

fgh:
2) The new download message on the notification bar only shows for a few seconds, then it reverts to the 'ready to be installed' message, so you really have to sit staring at that bar, or you'll miss it, and will have to redo the Update Now.

Your setting in all this exercise would have to be Auto Download Updates = YES!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 6:31 PM

My setting is No, and will stay at No.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 26816
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 6:52 PM

Just clarifying.

I also use NO and was able to hold off successive updates whilst the previous was indexing, but I wasn't prompting with Update Now.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 25 2013 7:00 PM

What are you talking about? "I (...) was able to hold off successive updates whilst the previous was indexing"? I'm not trying to hold them off, I'm trying to get them all, before indexing! And to get them, I have to see the download link long enough to click on it.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 26816
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 26 2013 1:47 AM

fgh:
I'm not trying to hold them off, I'm trying to get them all, before indexing! And to get them, I have to see the download link long enough to click on it.

Sorry, I was trying to get my head around the need for "update now" and didn't read your original post closely enough. Whilst it is an adventurous (and intensive) way of doing things why not let the expected downloads accumulate over a day or so? You can monitor the download total when you restart Logos.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 26 2013 8:54 AM

Dave Hooton:
why not let the expected downloads accumulate

What do you think I was doing? I was up until 4AM in order to get all of what Logos described as one download, before allowing the indexing to start. In fact, they had also explicitly told us that there would not be any downloads Wednesday-Sunday. Yet (from another thread):

fgh:

After seven downloads yesterday, I started the indexing and went to bed -- only to find another 2XX MB waiting for me when I woke up. I started that indexing while I went out -- and came home to find yet another 17X MB waiting. And before I started that indexing, the LEB Audio turned up as well. 10 downloads and 3 indexing sessions... So far. (...)

EDIT: Good thing I said "so far", because now I have another 897 KB waiting.Super Angry Will this never stop?

Besides, the bugs I'm reporting in the OP are just UI bugs that have to do with the new notification bar. It worked fine before, and under the hood it still does, as far as I can see. It's just the new UI that has some glitches. The mess at the server end Tuesday-Wednesday is a totally unrelated matter.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 3297
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 26 2013 8:57 AM

fgh:

Follow up from http://community.logos.com/forums/p/75292/527082.aspx#527082.

The following bugs appear when I have done an initial download, and then, knowing I have more on the way, do an Update Now instead of just letting the indexing start:

1) If there are downloads waiting, the popup never stops claiming that it's still searching for them, even after the notification bar has already found them. (If nothing is found, the popup correctly says so.)

3) The download size on the notification bar is considerably smaller than the one shown when hovering over the menu icon. (My preliminary suspicion is that the icon figure includes the size of the download that was done earlier.)

I've too noticed the notification bar doesn't always match the start menu task panel.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 4:23 PM

fgh:

I have responded to the original thread and it will be updated once the issue is fixed.

fgh:

I cannot reproduce these two in 5.1b. What version of Logos 5 are you using?

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 27 2013 4:45 PM

5.1b.

Did you try my exact scenario for all three bugs? I didn't originally take Alabama's bugs to be the same as my number 1) above, but I just reread his post. You may be right that they are, but I won't be convinced until I see the fix.Smile

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2013 3:13 PM

fgh:
3) The download size on the notification bar is considerably smaller than the one shown when hovering over the menu icon.

Not sure if this is the same bug or not: BUG: More download size issues.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS