Page 1 of 3 (41 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 40 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 7
Chauncey Allmond | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 29 2013 5:42 PM

Hi,

I recently purchased a Surface Pro. I run the full L5 with no problem.  It's a bit small but I can get by.  However, I wanted to try out the "tablet version" of Logos so I installed the app.  My issue is that I cannot get any of my Bibles to load.  All of the commentaries, dictionaries, etc load up fine.  It's just that the Bibles (ESV, NIV, etc) only show up as white blank pages. I even tried downloading them but it still didn't work.  I've tried it on my Windows 8 desktop on a different computer with the same result.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Posts 65
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2013 1:48 AM

I have the same problem on my surface RT.

Posts 8148
LogosEmployee

We're investigating this issue.

It's most likely due to the app having not been updated to be compatible with the latest resources. Unfortunately, this means that there is no fix/workaround (apart from an update to the app).

Posts 65
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2013 11:14 AM

Thanks for the response.

Posts 4
Austin Elwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2013 8:07 AM

Is an update to the app pending at all?

Posts 8148
LogosEmployee

Austin Elwood:

Is an update to the app pending at all?

We're still discussing this internally; no decision has been made yet.

Posts 4
Austin Elwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 5 2013 5:52 PM

Thanks

Posts 1204
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 6 2013 5:42 AM

I can't get ESV to load: HDNT loads fine, as do all other resources I've tried.  Odd.

I downloaded ESV, but that didn't make a difference--the program just "hangs" if I try to open it.

I was thinking maybe the WinStore version couldn't handle my rather excessive highlighting, but it appears that others have this same issue.  Sad; I'd love a quick-boot way to get into the Bible

Posts 1939
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 6 2013 4:23 PM

Ward Walker:

I can't get ESV to load: HDNT loads fine, as do all other resources I've tried.  Odd.

I downloaded ESV, but that didn't make a difference--the program just "hangs" if I try to open it.

I was thinking maybe the WinStore version couldn't handle my rather excessive highlighting, but it appears that others have this same issue.  Sad; I'd love a quick-boot way to get into the Bible

See Bradley's post from Sept 30...It looks like all the Bibles with new RI tagging are DRT (Dead Right There!). Until (if) Logos rewrites the Win8 App to recognize the updated Bible resource files.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 129
Fred Littlefield | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 7 2013 5:41 PM

I just wanted to add my name to the list of users trying to use the Windows Store App version, that couldn't get the Bibles to load. I have NKJV and a NKJV Study Bible Notes. I can display the study notes but not the NKJV bible. I can load some other books as well, but not any of theBibles. I have the Expanded SDA Bible Commentary set and cannot load some of the Books in the expanded set. Mostly Ellen White Books.

I have a Lenovo ThinkTablet2, The Windows App version would be most helpful because the full Logos 5 version takes a while to load. The Lenovo ThinkTablet2 uses the latest Adam Processor, so it is not real fast.

Posts 3
Jim Harrell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 8 2013 5:33 AM

Any decision yet?  Can you release the older version of the ESV for windows 8 until this get fixed?

Posts 66
Christopher S Macy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 8 2013 7:14 AM

Same problem here Surface RT Win* app. Unable to open the NASB, haven't tried the others, but my commentary books open and work fine so far.

Posts 6
Brent Costello | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 14 2013 12:32 PM

I've got the same issue. I love Logos, and am grateful that they were quick to the plate with the Windows 8 app, but have been disappointed with follow-up. Promised features (i.e. highlighting) haven't come out at all. I understand putting more resources where demand is greatest, but am disappointed that things that were originally communicated haven't been followed through on. Please update and continue to develop functionality for this app! With the surface 2 coming out MS it doesn't appear that Windows 8 or RT is going away anytime soon.

Posts 2
Todd Thielen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2013 10:52 AM

Bradley, I'm glad that Logos is aware of the issue, but it is more than a tad frustrating that this has been an issue for too long now and with no resolution in sight.  If an application is not working, then there should be an update provided as to steps to resolution - and with an accompanying timeline would be great too!

Posts 5270
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2013 4:19 PM

Todd Thielen:
Bradley, I'm glad that Logos is aware of the issue, but it is more than a tad frustrating that this has been an issue for too long now and with no resolution in sight.  If an application is not working, then there should be an update provided as to steps to resolution - and with an accompanying timeline would be great too!

Rule one NEVER Upgrade till you are sure your crucial software functions under the new release.

-Dan

Posts 8148
LogosEmployee

Todd Thielen:

If an application is not working, then there should be an update provided as to steps to resolution - and with an accompanying timeline would be great too!

I'm working on getting this information for you; unfortunately, the answer right now is "I don't know", and I don't want to promise anything we can't deliver.

Posts 1939
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 17 2013 11:17 PM

Dan Francis:

Todd Thielen:

Rule one NEVER Upgrade till you are sure your crucial software functions under the new release.

-Dan

But we didn't upgrade. Logos made changes to several Bible resource files so they no longer work with the App we already had.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 6
Isaac Pettersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2013 7:41 AM
I am also having the same issues where all my bible versions are blank. I got up to preach one Sunday morning and came to find my version had disappeared and went blank, which was a huge inconvenience! I use the logos app when preaching each Sunday so please fix this issue soon!!!
Posts 22
Robert C Cannata | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2013 9:31 AM
Just wanted to throw in a comment to add a voice to the discussion. I have been using Logos for many years and I to have a Surface RT and would love Logos to continue to develop their app. I know market share plays a lager role on these decision so hopefully the upward sales of windows phones and the positive feedback I am seeing regarding the new Surface will make things more favorable. But I would love to at least have a functional app that I could use with my library P.S. I don't know about other people, but would-be even willing to pay a modest price for such an app in the windows store. Thanks
Posts 1939
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2013 3:33 PM
Bob Prichett said here - http://community.logos.com/forums/p/76580/536309.aspx#536309 that they are working on a solution.

Page 1 of 3 (41 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS