Libronix DL System 2.0 and Logos 5.00+

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
David | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 30 2013 2:58 PM

Having re-installed my Libronix software on windows 8 I received emails inviting me to upgrage - I investigated this and Logos 5 appeared and installed, but of course it does not have any facility to merge the old system. There is no advantage in upgrading what I have if I can not use the old - to do so would mean cross referencing the two programs which is a pain - I might just as well stay with the original, I have added the Anglicised NIV for example. Also, when I use the upgrade facility it freezes and will not do so. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks

Posts 5318
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2013 3:01 PM

I recommend talking to Logos. Phone number is on the homepage. If you sync your Libronix licenses with the Logos server, the resources you have will download for L5.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 26677
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2013 3:07 PM

David:
Having re-installed my Libronix software on windows 8 I received emails inviting me to upgrage

It seems likely your system is Libronix (Logos 3.x) but your heading implies the older Logos 2.x which can't be installed onto Windows 8.

David:
There is no advantage in upgrading what I have if I can not use the old - to do so would mean cross referencing the two programs which is a pain - I might just as well stay with the original, I have added the Anglicised NIV for example.

Many of your Libronix documents can be imported from Libronix and the NIV is available to Logos 5, so please be specific about what is missing.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 8
David | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2013 3:22 PM

I have LD System 2.00 and it is successfully installed in windows 8. The option could be to leave it at that. I can only reach the upgrade options via the emails I have received from Logos. I have downloaded the free search engine, but there is nothing within tools to merge licences. As far as I can see - Logos 5 has not detected my Libronix SL System and what I have in Logos 5 is just a few books etc.

Posts 11832
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2013 3:30 PM

There is no direct upgrade path from Libronix 2 to Logos 5, however, you may install Libronix 3, which will automatically capture your L2 licence and which has a "synchronize licences" feature (under Tools) - afterwards your resources will show up in L5, assuming you used the same email address as Logos ID. 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 30 2013 4:48 PM

As there's been some confusion about which version was being discussed, and there's also another thread asking the same question, I think it will be best to keep the discussion in one place, and let this thread die.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS