Logos 6 Best Feature: NO INDEXING !!!!!!!!!!

Page 14 of 14 (263 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14
This post has 262 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 452
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 17 2014 12:10 PM

Michael Samuel:

not all of us are computer savvy, I had no idea how primitive this new computer was--I bought it only a year ago!

Kudos to the members who know better.

That's an understandable and common problem, I don't blame you for not knowing. It's why we asked for specifics.

Posts 902
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 17 2014 12:11 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Another option is changing Logos program settings to turn off automatic downloads.

Keep Smiling Smile

I've been running this way for ages, and I love the flexibility of choosing when (or if) I download an update.  although indexing doesn't take a great deal of time on this machine, my cloud based backup (CrashPlan) detects the rebuilt index and wants to upload it within a few minutes of the indexing completion.   Hence, I always kick off an update (including resource downloads, unless my Instant Gratification button has been pushed) at bed time, and let her download, reindex, and backup while I'm asleep.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 1137
John Goodman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 26 2019 6:11 AM

I thought it was a good moment to revive this thread - as I was enjoying using the web app;) Feels like they delivered on this request as the web app is getting more and more polished!

גַּם־חֹשֶׁךְ֮ לֹֽא־יַחְשִׁ֪יךְ מִ֫מֶּ֥ךָ וְ֭לַיְלָה כַּיּ֣וֹם יָאִ֑יר כַּ֝חֲשֵׁיכָ֗ה כָּאוֹרָֽה

Page 14 of 14 (263 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 | RSS