BUG: fail to search using bible CUV or RCUV

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 51
Timothy Yeung | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 2 2013 8:44 PM

Now just updated to Logos 5.1b SR-1

Things have not changed.

Still could not search words in combination such as 聖靈 or 耶穌 or 耶和華 etc. One needs to add an extra space between each character, Say, I want to search 聖靈, I need to use 聖 靈.  Then it would display all items with 聖 or 靈 or 聖靈. But then, a lot of unnecessary items would appears.

But strangely enough, some terms such as 該隱 works. No space in between is needed. Same for some names such as 約伯, 參孫. No space, still works.

But this does not apply to all. Another name such as 約瑟 does not work. Space is needed in between.

Any help!

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2013 5:12 PM

Timothy,

I felt sorry that you and others who posted on related threads are not getting attention on this.

Fortunately / Unfortunately, I do not seem to have any problem with searching using any of the multi-Chinese-word searches you listed in your post for both Logos for Mac and Windows.

Just for comparison, so that together we can nail down the issue(s), and provide Logos with some additional useful information to work on:

I am running 

• Logos 5.1b SR-1 (Language Setting: English)
  • For Mac: OS X 10.8.5 (Language Setting: US-English)
  • For Windows 7 (lastest update) under Parallels 8 (Language Setting: US-English)
  • What is your Language settings ... or others that has similar problem

I suspect that Language Settings are the only differences we have between our platforms and settings.

PS: I am not able to try it because I do not want to load the various Language Pack(s)

• to preserve space on my MacBookPro and VM(s)
  • I do not know how to cleanly remove the Language Pack(s) later Sad.

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 1569
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2013 5:19 PM

I am experiencing the same problem with the CUV and RCUV.  This renders the Bible Search and Basic Search almost useless for the Chinese bibles.

Can someone at Logos please at least acknowledge this issue and submit a ticket to development?

Thanks,

Peter

Posts 133
Daniel Liu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 3 2013 7:47 PM

Called LOGOS' technical people.  Asked them to pay more attention to this error.  We need more people to call.  

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 1:19 PM

PL:
Can someone at Logos please at least acknowledge this issue and submit a ticket to development?

Sorry that you haven't heard back on this issue. We have an active case filed and are investigating how best to solve this, but unfortunately do not have an estimate on when it will be fixed. 

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 1569
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 9 2013 4:45 PM

Thank you for the update, Dylan.  With so many threads on the forum, sometimes we aren't sure if Logos picked up on bug reports like this.  This simple acknowledgement is well appreciated!

Peter

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS