Logos 4 crashes when searching Logos Bible Software Help

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 261
Ralph A. Abernethy III | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 20 2009 1:58 PM

I'm no Logos techie, so I may not be able adequately to describe the issue I've been having when I try to search Logos software help.  However, when I do a search on help and hit the arrow to find the topic I need assistance with, I get an error message stating that Logos 4 needs to close.  The search never completes and Logos shuts down.  I've been running 4 on my netbook successfully for two weeks or so. (Windows XP).  I've only had this problem for the last three days.  I tried to copy and paste here the details of the error message, but didn't know how to do it. The only change in my system (as far as I know) has been when I purchased a couple of resources and the program reindexed.  Oh, and I installed the Logos 4 Media-only disc into Libronix 3 on Friday.

Any help with this would be appreciated.  I need the search help function at this stage of acquaintance with Logos 4.

Advent blessings,

R.A. Abernethy

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 2:04 PM

Sorry, it is broken at the moment. A fix is on it's way, but many not arrive for a week or two. If you have any queries in the meantime, try the wiki, or ask questions here.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 261
Ralph A. Abernethy III | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 2:14 PM

Wow -- quick response.  Thanks for the info.  I'll save the wiki under my favorites.

Ralph 

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 5:13 PM

There's also a discussion that may prove helpful under the title "Help, No Help!"....

running Logos Bible Software 6.0a: Collector's Edition on HP e9220y (AMD Phenom II X4 2.60GHz 8.00GB 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1) & iPad (mini) apps.

Posts 261
Ralph A. Abernethy III | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 7:18 PM

Thank you!  I'll look it up.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS