How to update manually

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27
M Luper | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 20 2009 2:30 PM

I do not want the auto update feature enabled, but can't find out how to update manually. Any help on how to update manually would be appreciated. I am really struggling with the lack of menu items that I was used to having in Libronix 3. It was easy to find the update link.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 2:44 PM

Turn internet to "off" and then use the command "update now"

Posts 27
M Luper | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 5:14 PM

How do I access the command to update now?

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 5:26 PM

There's a box near the top of the screen with the word 'command' written in it. Type "update now" (without the quotes) in there.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 27
M Luper | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 5:29 PM

Thanks so much. Is there a place I can find the list of commands that can be used with Logos 4?

Posts 19692
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2009 11:22 PM

M Luper:

I do not want the auto update feature enabled, but can't find out how to update manually. Any help on how to update manually would be appreciated.

Good question. I've added this to the FAQ on the Wiki, along with Kevin & Mark's answer.

Posts 27980
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2009 1:51 AM

Turning internet use to off is quite restrictive if one wishes only to block updates. Set Automatically Download Updates to NO (with Use Internet = Yes). This way you will be informed that a download is available and be able to refuse it. "Update Now" can still be used to prompt for updates

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2009 4:10 AM

Dave Hooton:

Turning internet use to off is quite restrictive if one wishes only to block updates. Set Automatically Download Updates to NO (with Use Internet = Yes). This way you will be informed that a download is available and be able to refuse it. "Update Now" can still be used to prompt for updates

Thanks Dave, that's hand information. You get a star! Oh, wait you already have one Wink

Posts 19692
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2009 5:22 PM

Dave Hooton:

Good point, Dave. I've updated the FAQ accordingly.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS