Mass Update of Library Field Values?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1442
PL | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 14 2013 9:16 AM

Is there a way (e.g. something to type in the Command Box or maybe using Collections) to mass update the following on hundreds or thousands of resources?

- Removing or adding Tags

- Removing or adding Stars

- Changing the mobile download status for many resources

Thanks,

Peter

Posts 23618
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 14 2013 9:44 AM

Hi Peter

you can select a range of resources in the library (click one and then shift-click another)

you can then add tags or ratings to the resources selected and manage download states.

you can't remove tags using this method 

Graham

Posts 8898
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 14 2013 10:32 AM

Graham Criddle:
you can't remove tags using this method

You can if you're happy to see all tags go, but not if you want to remove one and keep the rest.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1442
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 14 2013 10:42 AM

I added a tag on most of my resources a while back, and now I want to remove it from all the resources.  I don't have other tags on the resources.

As for the stars, I put stars on some of the resources at one point but now I'd rather have the resources be sorted by the community rankings.

So how do I remove all my tags and stars from all the resources?

And specifically, how do I change the download state of many resources for one particular app (Logos) on one particular device that's low on storage?

Thanks for your help,

Peter

Posts 8898
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 14 2013 11:00 AM

PL:
how do I remove all my tags and stars from all the resources?

Use Ctrl/Cmd-A to select all of them, and then click Clear Tags and Clear Ratings.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS