Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Tracey Ann Van Brenk | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 18 2013 9:18 AM

3108.LogosLogs.tracey-ann.20131018-120836.zip

Attempted to open Logos after software update.  Application 'signs' in, updates library but then never goes further.  "Logos" is in tool bar but nothing else.  Clicking on "Logos" does nothing.  Windows then open to send a report to Apple and to Logos.

Thanks, 

Tracey-Ann Van Brenk

Posts 29887
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 18 2013 11:04 AM

Welcome to the forums Tracey! Smile Sorry you are having troubles. Tongue Tied

Tracey Ann Van Brenk:
Attempted to open Logos after software update.  Application 'signs' in, updates library but then never goes further.

Have you tried restarting your computer? I opened up your zip file, but there wasn't a logos.log file. Did you enable logging (see my signature line for more help)? 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 5
Tracey Ann Van Brenk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 20 2013 3:42 PM

Hello again..

I had tried to restart my computer...I had enabled logging but did the 'archive' option.  Here is the 'sample' option since I am unable to get Logos to open before it crashes.  Is there anything in that file that might help?

Thanks!

Tracey-Ann6523.LogosLogs.tracey-ann.20131020-183719.zip

Posts 27224
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2013 1:03 PM

Logos was attempting to migrate preferences to a new format, but it appears the file is corrupt.

Delete /Users/tracey-ann/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Documents/j5ddtjei.2fd/UserPreferences/PreferencesManager.db and restart Logos, which should recreate the database.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5
Tracey Ann Van Brenk | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 25 2013 2:15 PM

Thanks Dave...please forgive my lack of technological capability....but how do I delete that file given I cannot open Logos?  Can I access the file another way?  

Embarrassed,

Tracey-Ann

Posts 29887
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 25 2013 2:25 PM

Tracey Ann Van Brenk:
please forgive my lack of technological capability

No problem. Smile

Tracey Ann Van Brenk:
how do I delete that file given I cannot open Logos?

The file isn't accessed from within Logos... it is accessed from within your user library on your Mac. It is "behind the scenes." 

To access the file you will need to navigate a bunch of folders, starting with your user library. There is a good chance your user library is hidden (by default). To access it, do the following (with Logos closed):

1. Open a finder window.
  2. With the "Go" finder menu open, press and hold the option key. Your user library will appear. Click on it.
  3. Navigate to the following: Application Support/Logos4/Documents/j5ddtjei.2fd/UserPreferences
  4. In the UserPreferences folder, delete the PreferencesManager.db file

After you delete the file, restart Logos and the PreferencesManager.db file should rebuild automatically.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 5
Tracey Ann Van Brenk | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2013 5:00 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

All is well now,

Tracey-Ann

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS