Pastor Appreciation Month: Mondays deal is (NOT) unlocked (see inside) ? ? ? ?

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1803
Tom | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 21 2013 7:44 AM

Well marketing did it again!  Embarrassed

They sent me a Email saying the Deal for today is unlocked (Not Un-lockable Wink

Well I clicked on the link in the email and found that Mondays deal is not free. Hmm

BUT you can buy it for a mere $349 Dollars. Zip it!

This is the second time this month that I have been lead to believe that I am getting a free book and all I get is a FREE letdown. Sad

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2013 7:56 AM

Tom Rach:
This is the second time this month that I have been lead to believe that I am getting a free book and all I get is a FREE letdown. Sad

Remember the first time you posted about the "unlocked" terminology? Others explained to you then what they believed Logos meant by "the deal is unlocked" (ie "revealed" or "uncovered") I suspect you will get similar explanations this time.

If you believe Logos is being deceitful to use that terminology, all I can say is the old adage seems to apply here. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." 

I bet you can not tell me what Tuesday's deal is because it is still "locked up" for secrecy. Zip it!

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1821
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2013 8:29 AM

I believe that the only people who might even come close to having a half way legitimate complaint are those who still use Libronix. The term "unlocking resources" is obsolete unless you are still using Libronix and have that particular resource on your hard drive and it shows a little lock beside of it making it unusable. Logos 4 & 5 do not use this technology.

Posts 1803
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2013 9:42 AM

Super.Tramp:
Remember the first time you posted about the "unlocked" terminology? Others explained to you then what they believed Logos meant by "the deal is unlocked" (ie "revealed" or "uncovered") I suspect you will get similar explanations this time.

Yep, you are right. Sad

Super.Tramp:
If you believe Logos is being deceitful to use that terminology,

I think they are still being SLOPPY in their use of the English Language. 

I would think they would be Embarrassed

Their Web page does not say "Soon to be Unlocked" it says "Coming Soon". Wink

https://www.logos.com/pam?utm_source=pastorappreciation&utm_medium=email&utm_content=4580350_pam2013&utm_campaign=logos2013q4

Super.Tramp:
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." 

I think that applies to Logos, neither of us were "fooled", and both of us know what "unlocked" means to anyone over 30  in "LogosVille".  Big Smile

Posts 1803
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2013 10:12 AM

Rick:

I believe that the only people who might even come close to having a half way legitimate complaint are those who still use Libronix. The term "unlocking resources" is obsolete unless you are still using Libronix and have that particular resource on your hard drive and it shows a little lock beside of it making it unusable. Logos 4 & 5 do not use this technology.

Yes and No. Huh?   What is logos selling below? Confused

It is because of logos history that its marketing team should not use "obsolete terms" like unlock! 

Also I hate to "kick a dead horse", but it seems that Logos can use the term "Unlock and Lock" on there order pages.  

As you can see they use the obsolete term "relocked item" on my order page But the same terminology does not work in their Emails. Huh?

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2013 11:30 AM

Rick:
The term "unlocking resources" is obsolete unless you are still using Libronix

No, it isn't. An unlocked resource is a resource you own; a locked resource is a resource you don't own. Thus https://www.logos.com/products/search?unlocked=yes will show you everything Logos currently sells that you already own. (And if you change yes to no, you will see everything you don't own.)

But there's a difference between an unlocked resource and an unlocked deal. 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1803
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2013 11:53 AM

fgh:
But there's a difference between an unlocked resource and an unlocked deal. 

You have a point there!  Yes

You can get a deal on unlocking a resouce but you can´t unlock a resource with just a deal. 

Posts 1821
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2013 12:29 PM

Points taken... You win.

Posts 1803
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2013 1:56 PM

Rick:

Points taken... You win.

No you are wrong,  I LOST!

The only reason I posted my first post (several days ago) was to help Logos watch how they title their Emails.

I lost, because instead the post was ignored by "Logos" and misunderstood by others.

Also when I was trusting my post to the man Person (men)  who wear the star Sleep Star  (you have to be a gringo at least 50 years old to understand) to say what they they usually say! Yes

"Thanks for pointing it out, I will pass your concern on to "Insert name" at Logos. Party!!!  

Yes my concern was taken seriously!

And then I would have replied: Thanks [Y]

"Nada mas y Nada menos!"  

Some days this forum makes me feel like Rodney Dangerfield. Roll Eyes

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2013 5:02 PM

Tom Rach:
You have a point there!

I do, but you missed it.

I have many issues with Logos' marketing, but this isn't one of them. A deal is unlocked when you can take advantage of it; a resource is unlocked when you have taken advantage of it. Works for me. 

I'm sorry you feel jumped at, but to me, complaining about something as minor as this just distracts from the far more important issues.

I also don't understand your

Tom Rach:
"Thanks for pointing it out, I will pass your concern on to "Insert name" at Logos.

If that's what you wanted, why didn't you just e-mail "insert name" directly? You've been here as long as I or longer. You ought to know that Marketing is run by Phil Gons, pgons@logos.com. If you want to go higher there's dan@logos.com, or, at the very top, bob@logos.com. And if you didn't remember that, you could have used the general e-mail address. I'm pretty sure most MVP's have better things to do than to pass on messages. That's not what they're here for. (I've no idea how you've gotten the idea that they "usually" do that. I see it very rarely.)

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2013 5:59 PM

Tom Rach:
he only reason I posted my first post (several days ago) was to help Logos watch how they title their Emails.

I figure the emails were all written before the PAM event started and will likely not get edited for "if-y" issues.

Tom Rach:
Also when I was trusting my post to the man Person (men)  who wear the star Sleep Star  (you have to be a gringo at least 50 years old to understand) to say what they they usually say! Yes

Thanks for pointing it out, I will pass your concern on to Dan Pritchett at Logos. Star Smile

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2013 6:58 PM

Super.Tramp:
hanks for pointing it out, I will pass your concern on to Dan Pritchett at Logos. Star Smile

Done.

Posts 5251
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2013 7:29 PM

I'm gonna hi-jack this thread and ask...what is the verdict on today's offer--Welwyn Commentaries? They seem like they may be "not deep". Can anyone offer an opinion that fully refutes that view with examples of staggeringly profound insight and utter necessity?

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 21 2013 9:03 PM

David Paul:
Can anyone offer an opinion that fully refutes that view with examples of staggeringly profound insight and utter necessity?

I do not have this set and therefore can not offer any insight. I am interested in what answers others may give you. Coffee

Posts 1803
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 22 2013 10:12 AM

Super.Tramp:

Super.Tramp:
hanks for pointing it out, I will pass your concern on to Dan Pritchett at Logos. Star Smile

Done.

S.T.  Muchas Gracias,  Tu eres muy amable! Yes

Posts 407
Ray from Faithlife | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 8:14 AM

Tom,

I'm sorry you feel misled. That was not the intent. In fact, it was the opposite of the intent, and directly contrary to our company values—honesty and openness.

Every message crafted in this building is twice-checked to ensure that our message and intended tone are clear. Yet still, we don't get it right every time

Pastor's Appreciation Month is unique because there is a new product on sale each day. We're working hard to make sure that everyone who cares to know, hears that message because there's' nothing worse than hearing about a sale the day after it ends. Perhaps in this case a different word would have been more clear, but we chose "unlock" because as fgh says,

fgh:
there's a difference between an unlocked resource and an unlocked deal. 

I hope you'll forgive us for the confusion. If you ever have a question about a marketing message, you can feel free to reach out to me directly (ray.deck@logos.com). I'm a copywriter, so odds are good that I either wrote what you're reading or I sit around the corner from the person who did. As others have said, you can also reach out to Bob, Dan, or Phil. 

Thank you for your business. We are going to keep working hard to improve the clarity of our messaging.

RD3

Logos Marketing | ray.deck@logos.com

Posts 407
Ray from Faithlife | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 8:16 AM

Tom Rach:

What is logos selling below? Confused

That's a good question. I'm going to investigate why this product isn't called a collection.

RD3

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 8:24 AM

David Paul:
They seem like they may be "not deep". Can anyone offer an opinion that fully refutes that view with examples of staggeringly profound insight and utter necessity?

They are expository and written for the ordinary Christian. Some volumes (e.g. Romans) are nonetheless profound in the way that they simply explain deep truths. But like everything else, it's a mixed bag. In style, I'd compare it to the Preaching the Word set, though most volumes are not as well-written as that.

Posts 407
Ray from Faithlife | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 10:41 AM

Both the Nelson 501 Book Unlock and the Nelson Upgrade Unlock have been renamed the Nelson 501 Book Bundle and the Nelson Upgrade Bundle respectively.

RD3

Posts 5251
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 12:17 PM

I still use L3 daily, but I have to say the OP's take on the use of "unlocked" isn't mine. I would not expect "unlocked" to mean that Logos was giving a high-value resource away for free...I would expect it to mean that their schedule of once-per-day unveiling of new items had been activated for the day in question. I think it is hard-hearted to assign not just blame, but deliberate deception to Logos's motives for what is at worst an error of word choice, an error that I personally think is a figment. Attributing foul motives when not due is not proper.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS