New Baker Collections

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5416
David Paul | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 23 2013 8:48 PM

http://blog.logos.com/2013/10/get-introductory-discounts-on-new-baker-collections/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LogosBibleSoftwareBlog+%28Logos+Bible+Software+Blog%29

These Baker collections do not appear to reflect dynamic pricing. Anyone else notice this?

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 29720
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 8:54 PM

David Paul:

The blog says that dynamic pricing is in effect, and I can verify that at least one of the packages is indeed offered with dynamic pricing. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9519
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 9:12 PM

alabama24:
The blog says that dynamic pricing is in effect, and I can verify that at least one of the packages is indeed offered with dynamic pricing.

Ditto, although when I first looked it was not. I purchased something a collection yesterday and got dynamic pricing.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5416
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 10:10 PM

Well, I'm about 100% certain I'm not getting any dynamic pricing on what I'm seeing. I own 4 of the 8 books in the Walter Elwell collection and my "sale" price is half of the price that it is going up to on Nov. 1--that's not a deal nor a discount. I also own a few of the books in the Gospel collection, and I don't think the price I'm seeing reflects that either; it's harder to tell since there are more books. The Elwell collection is pretty obvious, though.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 1985
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 23 2013 11:43 PM

it probably does have dynamic pricing...

but the question is HOW DYNAMIC is the dynamic pricing....

I'm sure they took highest profit possible. (like if you paid $50 for 1 book, I don't think they'll deduct $50 from the bundle..instead maybe $5 or less... you know... marketing stuff)

rule of thumb:don't get suckered by marketing stuffs, buy what you need. ;)

Posts 5845
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 24 2013 1:53 AM

I own all of the Elwell collection except the dictionary on missions. My dynamic price is 19.19.  To buy the resource standalone it would cost me 31.99.  I   don't feel I'm being suckered.  Logos has presented me an offer to purchase this resource for 12.80 less than their standalone price.  It's up to me to decide if it's a resource I need.  

Posts 704
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 24 2013 3:49 AM

alabama24:

David Paul:

I checked today and dynamic pricing was working for me. Could it be a bug in your Logos pricing DP?

Cheers,

ChelseaFC

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 12066
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 24 2013 5:23 AM

David Paul:

Well, I'm about 100% certain I'm not getting any dynamic pricing on what I'm seeing. I own 4 of the 8 books in the Walter Elwell collection and my "sale" price is half of the price that it is going up to on Nov. 1--that's not a deal nor a discount. I also own a few of the books in the Gospel collection, and I don't think the price I'm seeing reflects that either; it's harder to tell since there are more books. The Elwell collection is pretty obvious, though.

Strange. I just did the math for me:

First, the overall thing. Buying the eight books alone would be around $331, the collection's "normal price" $242 is a 27% discount in itself. Now the intro price seems to be $208, which makes this a 37% discount - even without dynamic pricing this is great for someone who wants to have these reference works.

I own four of the eight books in this collection, as well, and their normal prices add up to $180, or near 55% of the $331 above => buying the collection, I would get the equivalent of 45% of its worth.

My dynamic price would be USD 94, which again is 45% of the $208 intro price, which confirms to me that dymanic pricing works without any doubt, that there are no hooks and tricks in it. 

If the four books you own should be the cheapest of the eight, you would own 40% of its worth, thus a dynamically correct calculated intro price for you could be at 60% of $208, i.e. $124 which is more than half the future normal price of the collection. The reason for that is that the "intro rebate" is only adding to the collection rebate. However, due to the mechanics of dynamically pricing, by buying now, either of us would get the rest of the collection at a 37% rebate on the books we'd add.

Afterthought: two of the collection's books are part of Logos' PAM-sale - one with 20%, the other with a 40% dicounts. To max out on savings, it seems buying https://www.logos.com/product/4888/baker-evangelical-dictionary-of-christian-education at PAM discount and the collection on dynamic pricing afterwards will save another dollar. Still: for me it would mean buying four encyclopedic resources I didn't think I need until yesterday.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS