My Logos 5 doesn't open

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 21
Tiago | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 24 2013 12:50 PM

My Logos 5 doesn't open. I unistall and reinstall the program, but it doens't work. What can I do? I need urgently of your help because I'm woking in a Bible translation and I have a deadline to send my work to the publisher, a revision of Song of Songs.

Thank's for you attention,

Tiago

Posts 30658
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 24 2013 2:11 PM

Tiago Abdalla Teixeira Neto:
My Logos 5 doesn't open. I unistall and reinstall the program, but it doens't work.

Uninstalling the program is rarely the fix, since most of the data files remain in place. Most often a corrupted db file is to blame... deleting the app doesn't fix that.

Please enable and post logs. If you are on Mac, see my signature line. If you are on PC, see the wiki here: http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 21
Tiago | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 24 2013 2:29 PM

Thank you! I will try it! Let's see what's happening.

Posts 21
Tiago | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 24 2013 2:57 PM

I couldn't do it, because my Logos 5 doesn't open. I try, I press the ctrl when I clicked in the icon, but the program didn't open nor the file logos4.log nor Logos5.log appeared. I need urgently of help. I have importants works to deliver to two publishers until tuesday.

Thank you

Posts 25973
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 24 2013 3:05 PM

Are you running on Windows or Mac?

did you enable logging as per Alabama's post above? The wiki link shows how to enable "Permanent logging" which should produce some useful logging information.

Posts 21
Tiago | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 24 2013 3:17 PM

I'm running on Windows. To produce the loggin information do I need just click in the link  EnableLogging.js? After click the link, where do I paste the information?

Posts 25973
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 24 2013 3:32 PM

As per the article you need to download the script and then double click it.

then, after a failed attempt, upload the logs as outlined in http://wiki.logos.com/Uploading_Logs

Posts 21
Tiago | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 24 2013 3:33 PM

How can I double click it, if this is only a html page?

Posts 21
Tiago | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 24 2013 3:38 PM

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 24 2013 3:44 PM

Right-click the file and download it to your computer first.

Then launch it by double-clicking it (or single-click, if you have that as your windows default for launching programs/opening files).

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 21
Tiago | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 24 2013 4:13 PM

Thank you a lot! The download is done. I double click and appeared a message in a box: Logos 4 logging has been enabled. What I do now?

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 24 2013 4:30 PM

Thank you a lot! The download is done. I double click and appeared a message in a box: Logos 4 logging has been enabled. What I do now?

Now launch Logos (or try to). If/when if fails, upload the logs to this forum. Here are the instructions for doing that: http://wiki.logos.com/Uploading_Logs

Posts 21
Tiago | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 25 2013 5:24 AM

It fails again. The Logos 5 didn't open. After I did the download do the EnableLogging and I double clicked it and the message "Logos 4 loggin has been enabled" appeared, but I didn't find a notepad with de name Logos4.log in the folder Logos Log files. What I should do? 

It's a high-price program (I paid near $1100 dolars to acquire and to make the upgrade) and doesn't work out when I need more. I'm loosing important hours of work to solve it and nobody of the Logos called me to help to solve the problem faster. What's happening?

Posts 30658
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 25 2013 6:21 AM

It fails again. The Logos 5 didn't open.

The purpose of logging isn't to make the app open. Your system will continue to crash until we can diagnose and remove the problem. Logging is the method for us to discover the problem.

I didn't find a notepad with de name Logos4.log in the folder Logos Log files. What I should do? 

If you are running Logos 5, you should NOT see a logos4.log file. You should see a logos.log file. 

It's a high-price program (I paid near $1100 dolars to acquire and to make the upgrade) and doesn't work out when I need more.

I can understand your frustration. Logos is a complicated piece of software and there are many "moving parts" (so to speak). It is likely that something like a database file has become corrupted. If that is the case, we need to identify it, remove it, and let Logos rebuild it. This kind of maintenance is needed every now and then. 

I'm loosing important hours of work to solve it and nobody of the Logos called me to help to solve the problem faster. What's happening?

The forums are a great place to get help from volunteers (like myself and Richard), but sometimes it requires persistence and a comfort level with some of these techie things. If you don't have the time or patience, your best bet is to call Logos customer service during business hours.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 21
Tiago | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 25 2013 6:51 AM

Thank you, Alabama24 and Richard. A appreciate your help as volunteers. I pologize if I hurt you with my words. The Technic Support didn't contest me until now and I can't make international callings because it is very expensive to me as a brazilian. The Logos should have a Support Calling free for international customers or a support calling in Brazil, since it sells products to brazilians. Logos is a high-cost program and have a slow support technic.

But the problem with de Logos endures and I need to work and deliver it to two publishers. The archive in notepad Logos.log file didn't appeared too. What I do?

Very thanks for your disposition to help.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 25 2013 6:59 AM

After I did the download do the EnableLogging and I double clicked it and the message "Logos 4 loggin has been enabled" appeared, but I didn't find a notepad with de name Logos4.log in the folder Logos Log files. What I should do?

Since you're running Logos 5, you won't find the Logos4.log in that folder (Documents/Logos Log Files). But you should find Logos.log, LogosIndexer.log, Logossetup.log, LogosError.log, LogosCrash.txt, and perhaps some others. Since this is your first install (is that right?), post all of those logs here, following the instructions in my post above.

If you do not see these files, there is something else going on. Please report on what you do see in the folder: Documents/Logos Log Files.

There is one more thing you can try, though since we don't know what you're issues are, there's no way to know if it will help. In Windows, open Control Panel > Programs and Features, find the Logos entries (there should be two: Logos 5 Prerequisites and Logos Bible Software). Right click on them and choose "Repair"). You may need to restart your computer for all the fixes to work (depending on what the repair does), so I recommend simply restarting your computer again before trying to run Logos.

nobody of the Logos called me to help to solve the problem faster.

I assume this means you've contacted tech support directly (not through the forums). If not do so now via email, or by phone (preferred, if that's possible for you). Contact information can be found on the Logos web page, on the upper right of that page.

Posts 21
Tiago | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 25 2013 7:15 AM

Thank you, Richard. The Logos.log didn't appear. But I will upload all logs that appeared. I contacted the Support yesterday, but they didn't contest me.

4505.LogosError.log  

Posts 21
Tiago | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 25 2013 7:16 AM

4431.LogosError-2.log

Posts 25973
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 25 2013 7:34 AM

Hi Tiago

All I can tell from the logs you have uploaded is that - on occasions - there are issues in communicating with some Logos servers (which provide various services)

Are you able to open Logos in "offline" mode? (Hold down the Ctrl-key when starting Logos and select the "work offline" button)

Graham

Posts 21
Tiago | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 25 2013 7:43 AM

I can try it. But in another time is didn't work out. The information that follows below is more recent:

3755.LogosSetup (2).log

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS