Rank or limit search results by date authored, or date referenced

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 41
Benjamin Baxter | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 26 2013 1:06 PM

This would be very handy, especially in Verbum, but also more generally. Say I'm looking for early primary sources on "The New Eve" --- though I'm sure I'll get plenty of results regarding Iraneus, it would be nice to have Iraneus (or Justin Martyr) first. 

This is especially handy in a "Church Documents" search, &c.

---- 

Similarly, as dates are already tagged in many resources --- though they only go to the timeline for now --- it should also be possible to sort by the date referenced. Say a reference work says St. Polycarp wrote such and such in such-a-year. It would be very nice to have this secondary reference listed before very late references several hundred years later. 

----

If this is possible, it should not be much more difficult to limit the results to a date range, to toggle whether to have primary or secondary references only, and to reverse the results to show the more recent ones first. 

Posts 27000
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 26 2013 1:15 PM

Very nice suggestion - well thought out Yes. I hope it gets strong support from the community especially, the Jewish, Orthodox, Catholic and Noet components.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 41
Benjamin Baxter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 26 2013 2:15 PM

Thank you, sir! 

Posts 5151
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 26 2013 2:20 PM

Good idea.

Posts 22083
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 26 2013 2:27 PM

134927:

Thank you, sir! 

For future reference, MJ is a lady

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 26 2013 2:50 PM
Graham Criddle:

134927:

Thank you, sir! 

Indeed she is.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 470
Nick Steffen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 26 2013 8:08 PM

Yes Agreed! This would be extremely helpful.

Posts 41
Benjamin Baxter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2013 9:17 AM

Graham Criddle:

So I have been made aware elsewhere. Yeah --- Embarrassed

(FWIW: I didn't look at the picture closely, and "MJ" immediately made me think of the King of Pop.)

Posts 27000
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 27 2013 11:24 AM

Benjamin Baxter:
"MJ" immediately made me think of the King of Pop

Awww, I never saw the money he did but it's a nice thought. I could get ALL the Logos resources I want.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS