3rd Person Searches in Greek?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 31 2013 8:46 AM

I was noticing today that for morphological searches in Greek, it does not include an option for the Third Person verb forms. Was this purposeful - and is there some other way [by typing in 3 as I did] to get around this deficiency?

Posts 2553
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2013 9:58 AM

Using Logos Greek Morphology, if I open a morphological search and enter @v I get the 3rd person option. What Text are you searching from?

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2013 10:04 AM

I'm not sure what you are doing but I tried a morph search for verbs in third person in both the ESV and NA28 and it worked perfectly.

You may want to review this wiki page http://wiki.logos.com/Morphological_Search

Posts 804
Bill Fiess | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2013 10:34 AM

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2013 2:45 PM

That is odd Bill. When I do the exact search in your screen shot I have the option of selecting 3rd Person.

EDIT: I am running the current Beta.  I do not recall seeing anything in the release notes related to this, but I could be wrong. Maybe someone who is running the current SR could check this for you.

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

It looks like you're running with Program Scaling set to something above 100%?

I'm not able to reproduce the bug by using a higher Program Scaling, but I'm still wondering if the bug goes away for you if you temporarily switch back to 100%?

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 31 2013 4:06 PM
Bill Fiess:

I notice that you are using NA28. Have you tried with NA27?

I also notice another oddity. It seems that "Dual" and "Plural" with the remains of "Singular" (SI) appear under "Number." What is really strange is that "SI" appears after "Dual." If you have NA27, I suggest that you try that since it may be peculiar to the NA28 (I don't have the NA28 or I would try that myself).

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS