Page 2 of 4 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 74 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 186
Robert G. Mettler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 18 2014 4:32 PM

After all of the above I once again ran the unlock scripts that were sent to me by Logos support and I now have all of my licenses and resources, however, the program still refuses to sync. to the server. I made a new backup file.

Robert

Posts 9852
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 18 2014 4:40 PM

Yes ... when I was busily acting confident the other day, Libronix came back with some error messages reading the license file or its buffer. I told Libby 'no!'  Then after waiting a couple days she tried it again (today) but I just ignored her and it sync'd anyway. There's a file read problem somewhere in the sync process that is not really germaine (ignorable) but I think with you, it stops the whole sequence.  I notice multiple tries seem to get around the issue.

I don't have any more ideas; Dave from Australia is el experto. It you see his input (often with Libronix) he may have much better advice. 

Luckily for me, I'm at/near the end of my purchasing from Logos so I have a pretty complete packaged Libronix. So if sync 'dies' I'm ok-ish.

Posts 186
Robert G. Mettler | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 18 2014 5:01 PM

Denise,

Thanks for your help. I suspect that there is an anomaly somewhere in my systems registry  with respect to Libronix. Right now I am not going to try anything else.

Posts 24334
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 3:39 PM

Robert G. Mettler:
I once again ran the unlock scripts that were sent to me by Logos support and I now have all of my licenses and resources, however, the program still refuses to sync. to the server. I made a new backup file.

The unlock scripts should function locally (and also when run from Logos.com), so I'm glad they eventually unlocked your resources. An installation on Win 7 is likely to have problems if it is running IE10/11, but will work fine on IE9 with the patch.

As well as creating a backup licence file, you should backup your resource folder and also have an installation DVD for 3.0g (or the zip file).

I installed Libronix from a DVD for 3.0f and Libronix Update was able to update it to 3.0g a couple of weeks ago (on XP). The zip installer doesn't contain all the addons so you will rely on Update to complete the installation unless you have a 3.0g DVD.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 186
Robert G. Mettler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 4:25 PM

Dave Hooton:

Robert G. Mettler:
I once again ran the unlock scripts that were sent to me by Logos support and I now have all of my licenses and resources, however, the program still refuses to sync. to the server. I made a new backup file.

The unlock scripts should function locally (and also when run from Logos.com), so I'm glad they eventually unlocked your resources. An installation on Win 7 is likely to have problems if it is running IE10/11, but will work fine on IE9 with the patch.

As well as creating a backup licence file, you should backup your resource folder and also have an installation DVD for 3.0g (or the zip file).

I installed Libronix from a DVD for 3.0f and Libronix Update was able to update it to 3.0g a couple of weeks ago (on XP). The zip installer doesn't contain all the addons so you will rely on Update to complete the installation unless you have a 3.0g DVD.

Dave,

The problem I am having is that the program functions as it should EXCEPT for the license sync. When there are new resources to add, the scripts don't unlock the resources. I have everything backed, as suggested, but any new additions are problematic because I cannot  sync. my license with the logos server. That part of the Libronix program worked fine until about a month ago. Now it just stops at the first step (see prior screen capture). The program seems to talk to the server when downloading new resources, updating,  or when running the unlock scripts; the unlocks just don't take, and I can't do a sync of my licenses with the Logos server. A special update script was sent to me by Logos support that looked like a list of all the recent unlock scripts without the option to download the resources. I ran it and it didn't work. I followed Denise's suggestion, and removed the cache files and reran the script provided by support. It finally unlocked the resources. But, I cannot sync the new licenses to the server. thus any new additions will again be problematic. Running my license backup would revert back to what licenses I had prior to new additions. I have tried to set Libronix to run in XP compatibility mode, but see no difference.

Bottom line:

Is there anything in the system registry that could affect synching by Libronix?

Posts 24334
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 6:10 PM

Robert G. Mettler:
But, I cannot sync the new licenses to the server. thus any new additions will again be problematic. Running my license backup would revert back to what licenses I had prior to new additions.

If your new resources are unlocked and usable then a backup licence will support the new resources; the Sync issue will only affect the licence on Logos' server. Just think about it; Libronix allows you to unlock and use resources from a DVD/CD with a serial number, so it has nothing to do with the server, which then becomes another backup for what you already have! The server has a different role when you purchase resources online, but an unlock file still updates your local licence.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 186
Robert G. Mettler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 19 2014 9:56 PM

Dave Hooton:

The server has a different role when you purchase resources online, but an unlock file still updates your local licence.

That is what I am talking about. The unlock files didn't unlock the resources. New online orders have instructions and unlock codes for older versions of the software when there are Libronix files available, but they do not work. When I tried to rerun the scripts from my orders page they only showed resource downloads not license unlocks. I had to Email Logos support the last time and they provided me with several new unlock scripts in a update file.  That  didn't do it either until I deleted caches and licenses, and restored old licenses and reran the newly supplied script (from support) again. Very squirrely, and so much for online license backup.  Anyhow I got It working until the next time I enter a new online order.

Posts 24334
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 5:15 AM

Robert G. Mettler:
That is what I am talking about. The unlock files didn't unlock the resources.

I'm sorry. I've said many things without really addressing your issue. Let me try again:-

• I installed Libronix 3.0g on Windows 7 with IE9 and applied the IE9 fix (a registry patch)
  • then activated it from an old backup licence file (2010).
  • I closed LDLS but noted that LibSys.exe was still running.
  • I clicked the Unlock link for The Emphasized Bible in Order History (effectively a new resource as it was purchased in 2011)
  • Libronix Update ran and indicated that a licence file and the resource would be downloaded
  • Update completed but the resource was locked
  • I closed LDLS and killed LibSys.exe in Task Manager
  • I clicked the Unlock link again and Update downloaded the licence.
  • This time the resource was unlocked and usable!
  • I unlocked another "new" resource ensuring Libsys.exe was not running before running Libronix Update
  • Synchronise Licences ran successfully.
  • When I restored the previous backup licence the resources became locked
  • But when I Synchronised Licences the resources were immediately unlocked.

So LibSys.exe will prevent resource discovery if it is still running after you close LDLS i.e. it will affect Refresh Resources, Unlock resources or manually deleting the resource cache! Windows 7 may also spawn two instances of LDLS.exe, so make sure these processes are not running after you close LDLS.

If you are running IE9 apply the IE9 fix as it might be affecting Synchronize Licences. If you are running IE10/11 I would advise reverting to IE9 if possible but the IE9 fix  might allow you to Synchronize Licences. The LibSys.exe issue did not affect Synchronise Licences.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 5:47 AM

While I too use L3 almost every day, we do have to remember that L3 is no longer supported.

Posts 186
Robert G. Mettler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 6:15 PM

Dave,

Thanks,

I will keep your post for reference, until/if I have a new order. I am going to leave well enough alone for now, as I have my current licenses intact. I am using Logos 5, but am keeping Libronix around for some old PB's that have not been compiled for 5.

Posts 27
Anthony Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 1:42 AM
Michael Childs:
Libronix sync just does not work any longer. Is there any other way to do this. For instance, could one email a Libronix license backup to Logos, and they sync it?
I'm having the same problem. Tried your steps but with no luck. Sad
Posts 24334
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 3:41 PM

Anthony Barrett:
Michael Childs:
Libronix sync just does not work any longer. Is there any other way to do this. For instance, could one email a Libronix license backup to Logos, and they sync it?
I'm having the same problem. Tried your steps but with no luck. Sad

I'm now getting the message "You must be connected to the internet for this action to succeed" in a Tip window after trying Synchronise Licences. Is this what you are getting?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 27
Anthony Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 3:48 PM
Dave Hooton:
I'm now getting the message "You must be connected to the internet for this action to succeed" in a Tip window after trying Synchronise Licences. Is this what you are getting?
Yes, Dave. The same...
Posts 27
Anthony Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 3:58 PM
Dave Hooton:
Thanks for reply, Dave. Yes, the same...
Posts 24334
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 4:06 PM

I'll contact Logos as this facility should still be available.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 27
Anthony Barrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 4:16 PM
Agree. This should still be available. I don't want to call Customer Service for a service that was excellent. Let us know the result... Thanks again!
Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 8:08 PM

Dave Hooton:

Speaking of someone who still uses L3, I disagree. L3 is no longer being supported, and Logos should not spend any time or money for L3.

Posts 7895
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 26 2014 11:04 PM

Dave Hooton:

The Backup and Restore Licenses services (used by Synchronize Licenses) are still available and functioning correctly. There has been no substantial change in traffic to those services during the last week (i.e., there hasn't been a recent server configuration change that is blocking requests).

To the best of our knowledge, an inability to contact LDLS3 services is a client-side issue.

Posts 4678
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 27 2014 12:51 AM

tom:

Speaking of someone who still uses L3, I disagree. L3 is no longer being supported, and Logos should not spend any time or money for L3.

Lightning

Devil

Posts 9852
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 27 2014 5:25 AM

Like Tom, as a Libronix user, Logos should be supporting anything but the license sync.  

This is saving me BIG BUCKS!  So far, with my Logos savings (and my spouses unenthusiastic support), I've been able to purchase a handmade late 1800s Banjo, and just this week my shakuhachi that I didn't think the Japanese luthier could build with my specs.

Keep it up Logos!!

Page 2 of 4 (75 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS