Thanksgiving or Black Friday Sales

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 514
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 5 2013 9:22 AM

mike:
I didn't say it would include the Continental set ... its just the complete Hermeneia set.. (except the latest recent upgrade) .. maybe around 40ish volumes. Came with a serial code and just activate it by calling CS. easy.

Could you provide a link to the site where you bought that?

Posts 8648
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 5 2013 9:47 AM

Bruce Dunning:

DAL:
I don't mean to sound negative (that's why I inserted "LOL's" to show I'm laughing at this whole thing) but again, we have to be realistic.  I've never seen a Black Friday sale that actually gives you a REALLY good discount.

I could be misreading you DAL but you do sound somewhat negative to me. Certainly I'd like to get NICOT/NT for 50% off too but I am thankful the discounts I have received over the years.

For those who are interested here is a link to last year's blog for Black Friday - http://blog.logos.com/2012/11/black-friday-dont-miss-these-deals/ I thought there were a number of decent sales last year.

And more recently I purchased the Hermeneia and Continental series for almost 50% at the Back to School sale this fall - http://blog.logos.com/2013/09/last-chance-get-big-back-to-school-savings/

Yes Bruce, misreading.  Is not that I am being negative, I'd say blunt is the better term and realistic too.  But no, no negativity.  Now, concerning Hermeneia and Continental Commentaries, they go on sale for 50% off a lot and the reason why is because, even though is a full scale technical commentary, it's still a VERY OLD commentary that needs some serious updating.  NICOT/NT is more up-to-date; hence, no 40% or 50% off on that set.  

On the other hand, I'm happy with the discounts I've received on some resources, so can't really complain.  But in all honesty, the good sales are the 12 days of Logos and March Madness, not Black Friday.  In fact, if I'm not mistaken, correct me if I'm wrong, Logos even apologized on one black friday (or cyber monday) because the sale was misleading and did not deliver.  It was a whole mess.

Anyway, have a great day!

Blessings!

DAL

Posts 171
Adam Rao | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 5 2013 2:50 PM

Personally, I'm not thrilled about the idea of using "most popular wish list" items to determine sales because my guess is that the items on my wish list (as a progressive Christian) aren't going to be anywhere close to as popular with Logos' main crowd (conservative, evangelical Christians). Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not getting my hopes up, either. All that said – Logos can, of course, do whatever they want. I'm sure a lot of people will be happy with however it ends up.

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS