Preparing your Library

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
David J J Buzzacott | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 7 2013 11:56 PM
I requested last months' free library book. The next time I started-up Logos 5, the "Preparing your library. This may take a while ..." sub-screen came up with the turning wheel. In the Window task bar tray for Logos, I see "Logos Bible Software is preparing the library Stage 2 of 3". This has now gone on, virtually continuously, for several days. I have closed the software and restarted the laptop, but the problem repeats itself. I loaded Logos 5 on this new laptop a few months back, and the whole library update only took a short period. I am running Logos 5 on Windows 8.1 OS, on an Asus Zenbook with i7 processor with >150GB free hard disk space. I append the Logos Log report. Help would be appreciated.
Posts 25126
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 8 2013 12:05 AM

Hi David - and welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Is there a Logos.log file and a LogosIndexer.log file in the logs directory?

If so, please upload them after shutting down Logos when in this "preparing" phase

If not, please enable diagnostic logging and try again - details at https://www.logos.com/support/logos5/windows/problem

Graham

Posts 3
Hi Graham, My apologies for taking so long to reply, especially as you responded to my post almost immediately. I enabled diagnostics and append the logos, logoserror and logosIndexer files. I trust that these will be of help. David
Posts 9146
LogosEmployee

My best guess is some sort of permissions problem preventing Logos 5 from updating its data files.

Please open an Explorer window to
  C:\Users\David Buzzacott\AppData\Local\Logos5\Data\sjvpvty2.wt3\LibraryCatalog\
then delete all the files EXCEPT catalog.db

After restarting Logos 5, please upload your new LogosIndexer.log file so we can confirm that everything else is functioning correctly.

Posts 3
Hi Bradley, I deleted all the files except catalog.db. A catalog.db-journal file has been recreated (formerly had 0kB and still has 0kB). The 'Preparing your library' problem continues. I have appended the LogosIndexer.log file. Mnay thanks for your help. David
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS