Role of Women in the Church

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 927
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 11 2013 5:59 AM

Can anyone recommend resources that discuss the role of women in the church?

Posts 611
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 11 2013 6:11 AM

Hi Michael

This might be a good place to start...

https://www.logos.com/product/3090/woman-in-the-bible

God Bless

Graham

Pastor - NTCOG Basingstoke

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 11 2013 6:22 AM

Michael, you really need to narrow down your query; having read both 'sides' of the discussion, there doesn't seem to be a lot of middle ground.

I'm in the 'who cares' group which has almost no members.  When it's pedal-to-the-metal like Dorothy Day, there's just not enough participants. So also Moody in the early 1900s.

My favorite for just a discussion of the passages, with difficulty in pinning down the author's position: https://www.logos.com/product/3090/woman-in-the-bible 

EDIT: Even though I saw Graham's suggestion, only after pasting in mine did I notice it's the same booK!  Wow.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 11 2013 6:32 AM

Michael Kinch:

Can anyone recommend resources that discuss the role of women in the church?

Hope your question does not attract those who love to create chaos, yet it should not.

In addition to Graham's & Denise's recommendations, you might consider. Believe these would reflect both sides of the issue.

Twelve Extraordinary Women (His "God's High Calling for Women" is no longer available in Logos—Moody title)

Biblical Ministries Through Women (SFL)

Ryrie's "Role of Women in the Church", but it is also a Moody title, so no joy here either.

Women in the World of the Earliest Christians

Christian History & Biography Magazine (issues 1–99) (Issues 17 & 30 are devoted to women in Church History)

Dictionary of Women in Church History

Women in the Church Collection (7 vols.)

Posts 2681
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 11 2013 7:02 AM
Search the Logos products page for "womanhood" yields MANY resources. To recommend any particular titles would only indicate my bent and would most likely only lead to debate and "bickering"

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS