Menu bar at top of L5 disappears

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9589
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 12 2013 4:29 AM

Over the past number of weeks I've occasionally experienced all the menu bar at the top of the Logos screen completely disappear. The only way that I can seem to fix this is to restart L5.I'm currently using 5.1b.

Is this a bug or is there a way to fix this?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 26718
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 12 2013 12:02 PM

This could be a display issue. Are you running the latest software for your video card?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9589
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 12 2013 5:03 PM

I think so Dave. How do I check for sure? Also,  it only happens with Logos and no other program.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9589
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 13 2013 8:18 AM

Does anyone else have any thoughts about this?

Posts 26718
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 13 2013 12:10 PM

Bruce Dunning:

I think so Dave. How do I check for sure?

Windows will offer the latest drivers (Mac?) but you can visit the manufacturer's web site to get the driver.

Bruce Dunning:
Also,  it only happens with Logos and no other program.

In Windows it could be contention for system resources (cache or buffer). See if it occurs with only Logos running or with another program.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9108
LogosEmployee

Bruce Dunning:

Over the past number of weeks I've occasionally experienced all the menu bar at the top of the Logos screen completely disappear.

I'm not quite sure exactly what this means; can you post a screenshot?

Bruce Dunning:

Is this a bug or is there a way to fix this?

Yes, but it might be in WPF or your video drivers; I'm not sure we can fix or work around it.

You could try entering the command "set custom chrome to no"; that will change how the window is displayed and may fix the problem. Then you could try running "set custom chrome to yes" to get the default look back; it's possible that simply changing back and forth may (temporarily) stop the problem.

Posts 9589
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 14 2013 4:50 AM

Dave Hooton:

Bruce Dunning:
Also,  it only happens with Logos and no other program.

In Windows it could be contention for system resources (cache or buffer). See if it occurs with only Logos running or with another program.

I will experiment. So far I have only had this happen when other programs are running too.

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

Bruce Dunning:

Over the past number of weeks I've occasionally experienced all the menu bar at the top of the Logos screen completely disappear.

I'm not quite sure exactly what this means; can you post a screenshot?

Here is what disappears when it happens - the entire image below disappears while the open resources are still visible. Of course with this gone I'm unable to navigate at all. As I said, it doesn't happen all the time but I will try to consider your suggestion the next time it does. Thanks.

Posts 9108
LogosEmployee

Bruce Dunning:

Of course with this gone I'm unable to navigate at all.

Hmmm... that may make it difficult to enter "set custom chrome to no" in the command box. If it happens again, you could try typing the command into Notepad, copying it to the clipboard, switching to Logos, pressing Alt+D (to set focus to the (invisible) command box), then Ctrl+V, Enter to paste it in and execute it. Might work, might not.

Posts 9589
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 17 2013 5:02 PM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

Bruce Dunning:

Of course with this gone I'm unable to navigate at all.

Hmmm... that may make it difficult to enter "set custom chrome to no" in the command box. If it happens again, you could try typing the command into Notepad, copying it to the clipboard, switching to Logos, pressing Alt+D (to set focus to the (invisible) command box), then Ctrl+V, Enter to paste it in and execute it. Might work, might not.

Thanks Bradley. It has not done it for several days now and I'm hoping that it will not do it again. But if it does I will try your suggestion.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS