The Church's Bible vs Ancient Christian Commentary

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 464
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 16 2013 3:01 PM

The new Pre-Pub The Church's Bible seems very similar in aim to the ACC. Could anyone who has experience with both resources give a quick comparison? 

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 16 2013 3:12 PM

While you're doing your comparison, also include hooking a Logos5 Cited-By to the Early Church Fathers and Apostolic Fathers.  

I have the ACC but get far more value out of the Cited-By results. Maybe that's an evaluation of ACC, but I suspect the Cited-By is always going to deliver far more.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 16 2013 3:41 PM

Looks good. Im in before the price goes up monday. If I decide I dont need it, I can always cancel.

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 16 2013 4:57 PM

Dave Moser:

The new Pre-Pub The Church's Bible seems very similar in aim to the ACC. Could anyone who has experience with both resources give a quick comparison? 

ACC is church fathers only.....

CB is Medieval sources...

Reformation is a third series..

At least this my understanding.

-Dan

Posts 464
Dave Moser | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 16 2013 6:10 PM

Denise:
I have the ACC but get far more value out of the Cited-By results. Maybe that's an evaluation of ACC, but I suspect the Cited-By is always going to deliver far more.

Denise - That thought never occurred to me. Thank you!

Dan Francis:
CB is Medieval sources...

From the product page: "these volumes draw extensively from early and medieval commentators." I take that to mean that it's from the fathers and medieval sources.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS